Purchased Used BB 8310
Hey everyone... I have just purchased on eBay a used BB Curve.
I have a few questions.. I am on ATT.. and I want to do a clean install of the OS.
1. How do I go about deleting the entire OS so that I can do a clean install?
2. Where can I download the latest OS from ATT for my 8310?
3. I have on my comp. an older version of Desktop Software. Do I need to have the latest version? If so, where can I get it?
4. The guy had 2 email's on the phone. What do I have to do so that no more e-mails will be coming to this phone from his person's old e-mail.
Appreciate any help guys...
1. use JL_Cmder to do a full wipe: BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
2. It's not from AT&T, but this is the latest version, and it will work just fine as long as you follow the directions: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ilanguage.html
3. DM 4.2 SP2 or higher is fine.
4. Buying a BlackBerry off eBay - BlackBerryFAQ
Welcome to BBF. The Search button is your Friend.
You do not need to use JL_Cmder to do a full wipe and install a new OS.
Just follow this sites instruction on how to upgrade your OS and in the process it removes your OS before installing the new.
If your device does not have a newer OS available you can simply do a wipe from the menue and bring your device back to the "out of the box" state.
I downloaded jl cmdr... installed it.. and each time i try to run it i get the following message:
The specified path does not exist.
Check the path and then try again
I am running Vista 64 bit..
any help?? :(
nevermind... checked the forums.. and saw I had to run as administrator..
New problem.. i get to the part where it says: to continue with wipe type in "blackberry"
I do that.. press enter.. then it goes back to the home screen.. :S
Have you tried going to that DIR and running it directly from explorer?
Also, with Vista, make sure you run it as Administrator
Unfortunately I am not an expert on JL_Cmder. I know there is a thread about JL_Cmder around here, I would start there. Sorry :-(
anyone who can shed some light on this would be much appreciated...
searched the thread on jl_cmd and no luck finding anything..
please help.. i would really like to wipe the device so i can install OS 4.5
here is the thread:
but you really don't HAVE to wipe to install 4.5, as was mentioned above
I notice your email question has not been addressed. I'm new to Curve also, and don't know if the system wipe will take care of that issue also. If it doesn't, go to Blackberry Setup/Personal email Setup. Select the email account you wish to delete. You will be presented with an option to delete. Select that option, and voila, the connection will be gone!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.