BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2008, 10:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile
Posts: 55
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default MP3 ringtones

Please Login to Remove!

I already posted this inside a thread but know has gotten back to me on this. Here we go!

I upgraded successfully to Orange 4.5 with 0 issues, however I have noticed that my MP3 ring tones are much lower then with 4.22. I turned on the audio boost and set up profile for the the loudest ring and they are still much lower then b4. I am having a hard time hearing them, especially when the device is in the case. Anyone else having this problem and is there a fix?

Tmob
8320
Offline  
Old 08-02-2008, 10:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern IL
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 2,076
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

You could download Audacity (free) and amplify the volume of them, resave, and presto.
Offline  
Old 08-02-2008, 10:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile
Posts: 55
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickfromIL View Post
You could download Audacity (free) and amplify the volume of them, resave, and presto.
I am an audio engineer. I have maximized the volume of these b4 I put them in. In fact I made these ring tones. If I jack the volume any louder they will be distorted! Thanks though!
Offline  
Old 08-02-2008, 10:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern IL
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 2,076
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Cool. I make all my own ringtones as well, but I certainly am NOT an audio engineer. Sorry that was my only suggestion
Offline  
Old 08-02-2008, 11:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile
Posts: 55
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickfromIL View Post
Cool. I make all my own ringtones as well, but I certainly am NOT an audio engineer. Sorry that was my only suggestion
No worries man. I appreciate ya getting back to me so fast. There has to be a fix for this. I am sure I am not alone in this matter.
Offline  
Old 08-02-2008, 11:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Hampsha', ayuh!
Model: 8320
OS: 4.5.0.188
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 43
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

If you find the fix, by all means, let us know.

Most of us who have upgraded to 4.5 have complained of the exact same problem with the volume. A search will bring you to several posts about this complaint with little real resolution. I, for one, would love it if someone could find a solution.
Offline  
Old 08-02-2008, 11:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Model: 8900
OS: 4.6.1.206
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Posts: 63
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublmnl67 View Post
I already posted this inside a thread but know has gotten back to me on this. Here we go!

I upgraded successfully to Orange 4.5 with 0 issues, however I have noticed that my MP3 ring tones are much lower then with 4.22. I turned on the audio boost and set up profile for the the loudest ring and they are still much lower then b4. I am having a hard time hearing them, especially when the device is in the case. Anyone else having this problem and is there a fix?

Tmob
8320
have you tried to change Headset Equalizer to "LOUD"?

it sounds loud to me.....

if not then change your mp3 volume....(i use mp3gain and it's free and works great)
Offline  
Old 08-02-2008, 11:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile
Posts: 55
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy0011 View Post
have you tried to change Headset Equalizer to "LOUD"?

it sounds loud to me.....

if not then change your mp3 volume....(i use mp3gain and it's free and works great)
Is MP3 gain a Blackberry software or an audio software for your computer? If it is for computer, my ringtones are normalized to Dig Zero. I am an audio engineer. Any louder would create distortion. The tones were almost twice as loud b4 the update. Other people are having the same issues.
Offline  
Old 08-03-2008, 12:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile
Posts: 55
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy0011 View Post
have you tried to change Headset Equalizer to "LOUD"?
Correct me if I am wrong but isnt the Headset EQ just for the headset and not the ringtones? I did try fiddling with it and I get the same low rings, hoewever headset sounds louder when talking on the phone! LOL
Offline  
Old 08-03-2008, 01:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
barbwyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southern California
Model: 8310
OS: 4.5.0.52
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 832
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The low volume has been noted in OS 4.5 since the release of 4.5.0.55. I went with 4.5.0.52 and have no volume issues. Perhaps you need to back up one upgrade release.
Offline  
Old 08-03-2008, 02:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile
Posts: 55
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbwyr View Post
The low volume has been noted in OS 4.5 since the release of 4.5.0.55. I went with 4.5.0.52 and have no volume issues. Perhaps you need to back up one upgrade release.
Unfortunately I am using 4.5.0.52
Offline  
Old 08-03-2008, 02:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
barbwyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southern California
Model: 8310
OS: 4.5.0.52
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 832
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

That's the pits. I wonder if it's the version of .52 for the 8320 that's a problem. I have the 8310. Just noticed the difference.
Offline  
Old 08-03-2008, 02:15 AM   #13 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile
Posts: 55
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbwyr View Post
That's the pits. I wonder if it's the version of .52 for the 8320 that's a problem. I have the 8310. Just noticed the difference.
Your right maybe its a whole different animal. Only rim knows for sure.
Offline  
Old 08-03-2008, 06:26 AM   #14 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
jsshapiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pembroke Pines, Florida
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.102
PIN: Yes AND?
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 86
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Solution...EZ and SIMPLE!

Go to PROFILES...

Scroll all the way down to ADVANCED in the MENU of PROFILES.

EDIT your NORMAL profile (use BB menu button) then click on PHONE in the list and you can ADJUST to HIGH for your volume. That will solve your problem with LOW MP3 RINGTONES....I found the answer here on the forum as I had this problem myself now I can easily hear every ringtone!
Offline  
Old 08-03-2008, 11:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile
Posts: 55
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsshapiro View Post
Go to PROFILES...

Scroll all the way down to ADVANCED in the MENU of PROFILES.

EDIT your NORMAL profile (use BB menu button) then click on PHONE in the list and you can ADJUST to HIGH for your volume. That will solve your problem with LOW MP3 RINGTONES....I found the answer here on the forum as I had this problem myself now I can easily hear every ringtone!
Thanks, but I am definintely aware of the profiles and being that I am in the music business I am a little deaf these days. My ring tones were always set to loudest it can be. Its just that it is now half as loud as b4. Lets see the enxt relase. Maybe that will be fixed. Who knows...
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.