This has just been one of those days when all electronics crash, so I am not going to touch a thing without some advice!
I have an 8707 running 184.108.40.206 and Desktop Manager version 220.127.116.11 on my 2 PCs.
1) I have just received my new 8310 Curve. What order should I be migrating/ugrading things in? The installation CD for DM that came with it appears to have be version 05.07.07.
2) The current DM has an option to copy everything from my 8707 to another machine. I'm not interested in the apps, as they probably won't work. I would like to migrate the text messages, but I guess I can copy them onto the SIM card...
3) When I last upgraded DM and the OS, and resent the service books, I ended up with two identical "IN-boxes" (although one of them never showed SMS) the newer one of which i couldn't erase.. I don't want to copy this weirdness to the new phone!
4) I probably don't need the very latest OS for the 8310 --yet -- what do you all feel is generally the least problematic one?
5) If I upgrade my DM, do I have to upgrade on both my PC's? Or will I be able to sync the 8310 with both new and old versions?
6) Finally, If I want to keep my 8707 as a backup if things go screwy with the 8310, how should I organise things?
Thanks a million!