08-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Thumbs Must Hurt
Join Date: May 2007
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | HELP !!! Buying New (~Used) 8310: 8700C => 8310 Startup/Transfer Questions
Please Login to Remove!
OK...not a real noob because I have a 8700C but spilled coffee on it and need new phone. So, on Craig's List I'm buying a 30 day old AT&T/Cingular (my carrier) 8310. I'm setup on BIS for e:mail of pop server, don't use texting (turned off at AT&T), cell phone use obviously, unlimited data/internet. I also have Desktop Manager (I think v4.3) on my PC that loads/transfer my Outlook Contacts to my 8700C phone.
My questions are startup/transfer to this phone.....please comment or let me know what I missed.........
1) Move SIM from 8700C to 8310. I assume phone should boot up and cell service fine ?
2) Go to BIS and put in PIN and IMEI under CHANGE DEVICE so my e:mails will come thru ?
3) Do I need to download and install Desktop Manager v4.5 or can I keep v4.3 ?
4) Not sure if I have 8700C O/S loaded on my PC...been awhile....but if so do I need to uninstall (where ?) and install 8310 v4.2.2.xxxx (latest AT&T) for 8310 ?
5) On my 8700C I could not read attachments and hoping this will be fixed in 8310 transfer/change. I've read that Attachment Services need to be in Services under Applications which I don't see on my 8700C. I assume I use desktop manager to load ? If so, how ? I've heard I need to download the O/S version that is on the phone so the Applications show up in Desktop Manager ?
6) I read somewhere to register services from phone...how ? needed ? or just SEND SERVICE BOOK from BIS ?
Anything else to check ?
Thanks in advance !!!!!!
Last edited by thekochs : 08-07-2008 at 02:31 PM.