BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8300-series-discussion-curve/)
-   -   Is there a short cut to "compose SMS" (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8300-series-discussion-curve/144520-there-short-cut-compose-sms.html)

Pengwyn 08-10-2008 11:32 AM

Is there a short cut to "compose SMS"
 
I ham a new proud owner of an 8310 and after an initial problem with a white screen 543 error I am really enjoying the change.

One thing though is bugging me.

Is there a quick way to open "compose SMS".

I have linked "compose" to the left short cut button. But when it is pressed sometimes it defaults to email compose and sometimes when I select the recipient of the "compose" it actually phones them.
Even the compose icon in main menu
Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

BTW The white screen BB was replaced the next day in CarphoneWarehouse.
Ironically I had to explain to the salesman what the white screen meant, he was bamboozled so agreed to just give me a new one.

sugar 08-10-2008 11:56 AM

I have linked the left shortcut button to the Address Book.
I look for the person I want to contact, press on the Menu button and select SMS the contact.

thenewnoise 08-10-2008 12:52 PM

I think QSMS is what you are looking for. berrycoder.com

jeremyckitching 08-10-2008 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenewnoise (Post 1054013)
I think QSMS is what you are looking for. berrycoder.com

(y)

BCollins521 08-10-2008 01:51 PM

Wirelessly posted (All the cool kids are doing it)

QSMS is great! One of the best apps out there and its free!

CSO 08-10-2008 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCollins521 (Post 1054082)
Wirelessly posted (All the cool kids are doing it)

QSMS is great! One of the best apps out there and its free!

will this work with 3rd party applications that use shortcuts, like for example PocketDay?

CSO 08-10-2008 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSO (Post 1054303)
will this work with 3rd party applications that use shortcuts, like for example PocketDay?

Impatience led me to the answer, which is "yes". Been looking for this program. Thanks

Holz 08-11-2008 05:54 PM

after hitting 'Q' and selecting an address book entry, do you still have to select a phone number or does it automatically select the mobile number and take you directly to the compose screen?

CSO 08-11-2008 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holz (Post 1055596)
after hitting 'Q' and selecting an address book entry, do you still have to select a phone number or does it automatically select the mobile number and take you directly to the compose screen?

At least with PocketDay, hitting the shortcut key takes me to Contacts, and then I select......

Dodge DeBoulet 08-12-2008 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holz (Post 1055596)
after hitting 'Q' and selecting an address book entry, do you still have to select a phone number or does it automatically select the mobile number and take you directly to the compose screen?

It defaults to the mobile number (i.e. the mobile number shows as selected/highlighted in the list of numbers displayed), but you still have to click to confirm it. This seems reasonable to me, since more than one number associated with that contact could be a mobile number. This gives you the option of choosing an alternate.

Holz 08-12-2008 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet (Post 1056268)
It defaults to the mobile number (i.e. the mobile number shows as selected/highlighted in the list of numbers displayed), but you still have to click to confirm it. This seems reasonable to me, since more than one number associated with that contact could be a mobile number. This gives you the option of choosing an alternate.

great thanks! maybe i'll try it out...

Dawg 08-12-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCollins521 (Post 1054082)
Wirelessly posted (All the cool kids are doing it)

QSMS is great! One of the best apps out there and its free!

I agree this is one of my favorites

vector18 08-12-2008 10:08 PM

what is QSMS?

BCollins521 08-13-2008 08:14 AM

Do a search on here and you'll find your answer, it is a quick compose for sms text


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.