11-27-2008, 04:29 PM
Join Date: Nov 2008
Carrier: ACS WIRELESS
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Changing 8330 Curve (Default Ringtone) to Downloaded Ringtones
Hello Fellow 8330 Curve Owners,
Please, first of all, allow me to make myself perfectly clear - "I AM NOT A BB TECHI", but just someone who wants to try and help some folks with the little knowledge I've gained.
I hope this helps!
1. From your Home Screen, go to PROFILES and press the track ball
2. Using your track ball, scroll down completely to the bottom to ADVANCED... and press the track ball
3. When your choices for (i.e. Loud, Vibrate, Quiet etc.) comes visible, choose which one of these profile settings, in this case I will choose the LOUD setting
4. Now click your Blackberry button to the left of your track ball
5. The next screen should be a highlighted (EDIT) option on your screen
6. Using the track ball, click the (EDIT) option and you will be sent to another screen
7. Using your track ball, scroll down until you highlight the (PHONE) option.
8. Using your track ball, click the (PHONE) option
9. (OUT OF HOLSTER) should be your first option to edit. Here I highlighted the (VIBRATE + TONE) option, then using my track ball scrolled down to change the RING TONE option with my desired personlized downloaded ring tone. I now picked HIGH for my volume, then on the (NUMBER OF VIBRATIONS) option selected the number (1) because I wanted my personlized ring tone to play for the maximum seconds instead of being cut short because of the number of vibrates the default setting has. Repeat this process throughout your entire ringtone settings.
I know this sharing is pretty lengthy but I figured because I am NOT a skilled person for these devices I thought some of you who are like me wouldn't mine the long detailed information.