BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2008, 04:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Not sending emails when replying

Please Login to Remove!

I have a BB curve 8300. I am not able to reply to emails in the normal way, reply and then type the message. As soon as i press the trackball, all i get is the full menu but no send command. However, I can forward emails and compose+send new ones. Heeelp!!

Last edited by stavros : 08-12-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Offline  
Old 08-12-2008, 05:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
greggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FLorida
Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,762
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Are you on a BES or BIS?
Offline  
Old 08-12-2008, 10:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Spawneh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
Model: 9700
Carrier: Vodafone NZ
Posts: 156
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Open a message.. then scroll upwards. does it say Received using Unknown..

If so the device is confused as to where the message is coming from so cant reply.

delete the cmime service book and get it resent to the device should sort it out
Offline  
Old 08-13-2008, 04:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawneh View Post
Open a message.. then scroll upwards. does it say Received using Unknown..

If so the device is confused as to where the message is coming from so cant reply.

delete the cmime service book and get it resent to the device should sort it out
You are right, it does say Unknown. Can i be really stupid and ask how to do what you suggest in the last paragraph?
Thanks
Offline  
Old 08-13-2008, 04:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
Are you on a BES or BIS?
I think that i am on BES. How can i confirm?
Offline  
Old 08-13-2008, 09:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Mexico
Model: 8320
OS: 4.5.0.55
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 1,461
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stavros View Post
I think that i am on BES. How can i confirm?
Does your work manage your device in any way?

Generally you know if you're on a BES so if you have to ask chances are you're not.

Dave
Offline  
Old 08-14-2008, 12:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtcasey View Post
Does your work manage your device in any way?

Generally you know if you're on a BES so if you have to ask chances are you're not.

Dave
Dave,
Yes, it is a work device and they manage it. You probably wont be surprised to read that they perplexed by this particular issue and are scratching each other's heads!!
Offline  
Old 08-14-2008, 08:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London
Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone UK
Posts: 24
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have had this problem before, if BES which I think it is, then get your admins to remove you from BES, add you back in and do activation, without wiping if want to get old emails. If wish to wipe and keep old emails, backup first!
Offline  
Old 08-14-2008, 10:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by power Reserve View Post
I have had this problem before, if BES which I think it is, then get your admins to remove you from BES, add you back in and do activation, without wiping if want to get old emails. If wish to wipe and keep old emails, backup first!
You are right. The local IT chap just left and sorted all out.

Many Thanks
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.