BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2008, 09:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Reverse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up I love my 8320, perhaps a little too much...

Please Login to Remove!

I've had my 8320 for about 6 weeks now, and I love it!

- Having access to my email accounts at any time and any place has proven to be very addictive (a pro and con at the same time)
- I post to my blog again now that I can take presentable photos, and post them (with accompanying text) directly through flickr
- Google maps is very nice as well (although I need a bluetooth GPS dongle to improve accuracy)
- (Best feature WiFi access now provides coverage in buildings and restaurants where previously T-mobile had no coverage.
- Google Sync keeps my PC's Thunderbird email program, Google calendar, and BB calendar all synced: brilliant!

There are a few cons to the device and the BB software:

- doing a non-TMobile upgrade to version 4.5 failed a few times, gave me heart attack thinking I'd bricked my new Curve...
- Media Sync doesn't work with my 64-bit Vista PC
- Battery life is too short with WiFi active
- bluetooth seems flaky (although that could be Vista's fault as well)
- keyboard too small for my big fingers

Overall, a very positive, first-time BB experience.
A pretty good value at $99.
Offline  
Old 08-21-2008, 09:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 9530
OS: 4.7.0.XXX
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.
Posts: 5,515
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse View Post
I've had my 8320 for about 6 weeks now, and I love it!

- Having access to my email accounts at any time and any place has proven to be very addictive (a pro and con at the same time)
- I post to my blog again now that I can take presentable photos, and post them (with accompanying text) directly through flickr
- Google maps is very nice as well (although I need a bluetooth GPS dongle to improve accuracy)
- (Best feature WiFi access now provides coverage in buildings and restaurants where previously T-mobile had no coverage.
- Google Sync keeps my PC's Thunderbird email program, Google calendar, and BB calendar all synced: brilliant!

There are a few cons to the device and the BB software:

- doing a non-TMobile upgrade to version 4.5 failed a few times, gave me heart attack thinking I'd bricked my new Curve...
- Media Sync doesn't work with my 64-bit Vista PC
- Battery life is too short with WiFi active
- bluetooth seems flaky (although that could be Vista's fault as well)
- keyboard too small for my big fingers

Overall, a very positive, first-time BB experience.
A pretty good value at $99.
Glad you are enjoying and $99 isa great value.

To help with a few CONs:

OS installs can be stressful. Did you get 4.5 installed?

64 Bit Vista? Thats like running a beta of a beta. LOL I had enough issues with Vista (32 Bit)

Battery life for me seems the same on both WiFi and EDGE. Do you use it a lot more while connected to WiFi?

What drivers are you using for the Bluetooth? The generic ones are the best.

Get smaller fingers
Offline  
Old 08-22-2008, 01:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
DonJose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orange County, CA
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.442
PIN: 21A21D4B
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Posts: 94
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by troydbrown View Post
Get smaller fingers
haha That made my day, all the rest looked so professional, then that one hah. If only though..if only.
__________________
DonJose
9700 Bold on TMO USA.
Offline  
Old 08-22-2008, 01:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 9530
OS: 4.7.0.XXX
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.
Posts: 5,515
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJose View Post
haha That made my day, all the rest looked so professional, then that one hah. If only though..if only.
I try to add a little comedy. It keeps me sane. Well as sane as I can be.
Offline  
Old 08-22-2008, 08:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Reverse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by troydbrown View Post
64 Bit Vista? Thats like running a beta of a beta. LOL I had enough issues with Vista (32 Bit)
Yeah, I am seriously considering going to Ubuntu. I've run it before, but a few apps not available under Ubuntu always held me back from taking the plunge. BB apps being one of them
Offline  
Old 08-22-2008, 09:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 56
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Or get a dialing wand, like Homer Simpson.
Offline  




Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.