BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2008, 01:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 9K97K
OS: 307&351
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 118
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Which OS On BB Curve 8310, 4.5.44 Or 4.5.55?

Please Login to Remove!

Which OS On BB Curve 8310, 4.5.44 Or 4.5.55?

I read both threads....all good things were said about 44 and few people complained about 55........I read good things about both...

This is my first time upgrading my curve....I know how to but I would like to know which OS do you guys recommend?

Thanks a bunch...

Last edited by SLR2005 : 08-27-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 01:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
John Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: Z30
OS: 10.2.1.x
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 34,686
Post Thanks: 4
Thanked 100 Times in 72 Posts
Default

I would go with .55
Offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 02:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 9K97K
OS: 307&351
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 118
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
I would go with .55
I have Espn installed and thats it.....

Few themes.

So, should I delete everything and reload them after?

Any tips things that I should watch out or pay a special attention to?

I was reading that some people are talking about memory leak, others talking about volume, rebooting issues, BB maps, BATT life and etc....

What is the cleanest best way to install it.....

I experienced the upgrade on my pearl 8100. So, the steps are no problem to me....

Thanks
Offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 01:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 9K97K
OS: 307&351
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 118
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Any one?
Offline  
Old 08-30-2008, 01:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 9K97K
OS: 307&351
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 118
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLR2005 View Post
I have Espn installed and thats it.....

Few themes.

So, should I delete everything and reload them after?

Any tips things that I should watch out or pay a special attention to?

I was reading that some people are talking about memory leak, others talking about volume, rebooting issues, BB maps, BATT life and etc....

What is the cleanest best way to install it.....

I experienced the upgrade on my pearl 8100. So, the steps are no problem to me....

Thanks
Any truth to above problems?
Offline  
Old 08-30-2008, 01:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 8310
OS: 4.5.0.69
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 16
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 4.5.0.55 or 4.5.0.69

Reading in the forums I have not seen if the HTML bugs have been fixed with the .69
What about problems with maps?
Offline  
Old 08-30-2008, 06:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 43
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up 4.5.0.55 or 4.5.0.69

I just upgraded my 8310 from 4.2.0.x to 4.5.0.55 and I'm quite happy with it.

Being with Rogers (Canada) and not seeing any attempts at releasing past 4.2, I searched for a MultiLang 4.5 to use on my 8310.

So far, i've seen immediate benefits:

v4.5.0.55 (Platform 2.7.0.68)
  • HTML email support
  • MVS (Mobile Voice System) support
  • Cleaner look to Address Book
  • Cleaner look to viewing email, nicely separated headers.
  • Video Camera is really a great add-on. Small sound-sync issue.

I had Facebook Mobile installed before the upgrade, and I no longer have the icon for it. Its still in my service books, I will attempt a service book deletion and reinstall to see if it comes back.

Also, BlackBerry Maps works the same as with 4.2, I installed Google Maps (and the Google Mobile Updater) and it fails to load. Picasa, Documents, Sync, GTalk, etc all work well.

I'm very happy with the upgrade, and being a BES admin, I can test out policies, software pushes, etc. We have a few new 9000s coming in soon, and I'll be comparing them to my current 8310 4.5 OS.

Is there anything else (BETA) that is newer than the .55 rev I have? I'm not asking for links here.

Cheers.
Offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 12:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 9K97K
OS: 307&351
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 118
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i read that v69 beta is out.......

not sure but u can double check

thanks for ur input about the upgrade
Offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 05:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 9530
OS: 4.7.0.XXX
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.
Posts: 5,515
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominator1502 View Post
hey check out ************** on google he may have some helpful info for .6* I had luck after reading it!
Please don't post links or hints to download sites.
Offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 06:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
holden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida Sunshine
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.296
PIN: TOFJAGER
Carrier: Cingular-AT&T-Verizon-Nextel
Posts: 1,046
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Post

Depending on your 3rd party apps, you mileage will vary using the .69.
Read the threads and investigate. Some of us were having issues with just a simple backup using the .69. Read the forum. .55 is stable and everything works with the exception to the lower volumne on .55.

Blackberry Most Wanted
__________________
hmeister...
nettech
Offline  
Old 09-02-2008, 01:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 9K97K
OS: 307&351
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 118
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
Depending on your 3rd party apps, you mileage will vary using the .69.
Read the threads and investigate. Some of us were having issues with just a simple backup using the .69. Read the forum. .55 is stable and everything works with the exception to the lower volumne on .55.

Blackberry Most Wanted
so u recommend .55 over .69?

its my first time upgrading and am trying to read and find more info before doing the upgrade
Offline  
Old 09-02-2008, 07:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
holden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida Sunshine
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.296
PIN: TOFJAGER
Carrier: Cingular-AT&T-Verizon-Nextel
Posts: 1,046
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLR2005 View Post
so u recommend .55 over .69?

its my first time upgrading and am trying to read and find more info before doing the upgrade
You can try .69 and see if everything works for you. For me actually everything did except I could not do a full backup. I could do a partial backup. I moved back to .55 as I like to be able to complete a full backup. I did not have any issue with regular phone use, battery or GPS.
__________________
hmeister...
nettech
Offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 02:34 AM   #13 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 9K97K
OS: 307&351
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 118
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
You can try .69 and see if everything works for you. For me actually everything did except I could not do a full backup. I could do a partial backup. I moved back to .55 as I like to be able to complete a full backup. I did not have any issue with regular phone use, battery or GPS.
how about volume issues?

thanks for ur input.....appreciate it...
Offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 07:38 AM   #14 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
emibaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Alabama
Model: 8310
OS: 4.5.0.55
PIN: AskMe
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 25
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

You know, now that I think about it, after my .55 install my volume went down too. I wonder why that is? I thought it was the earache I had! LOL
__________________
Who doesn't long for someone to hold
Who knows how to love you without being told?
-Natasha Bedingfield "Soulmate"
Offline  
Old 09-04-2008, 01:20 AM   #15 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 9K97K
OS: 307&351
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 118
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emibaby View Post
You know, now that I think about it, after my .55 install my volume went down too. I wonder why that is? I thought it was the earache I had! LOL
i also read that batt life is shorter........not sure if it is true but few reported that.....

am reading about other versions to see if one has the least issues, then i can use....for now
Offline  
Old 09-04-2008, 06:38 AM   #16 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
JaguarXJ7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Halifax
Model: 9810
OS: 7.1.0.714
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 554
Post Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted

I would recommend .55 until .69 has completed beta testing and tweaking. I am currently running .55 and have been quite satisfied with it with no major issues. New releases are ..... Well released as they generally contain some bug fixes to the previous version(s). I'd install .55 and the wait to see what people have to say about .69 after its been officially released. Installing a beta version is never highly recommended.
__________________
Regards, Jag

"Torch 9810 + Playbook 64gb"
Offline  
Old 09-04-2008, 06:48 AM   #17 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 9K97K
OS: 307&351
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 118
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaguarXJ7 View Post
Wirelessly posted

I would recommend .55 until .69 has completed beta testing and tweaking. I am currently running .55 and have been quite satisfied with it with no major issues. New releases are ..... Well released as they generally contain some bug fixes to the previous version(s). I'd install .55 and the wait to see what people have to say about .69 after its been officially released. Installing a beta version is never highly recommended.
well, thanks for ur comments...

does .55 have volume issues? and is batt life shorter?
Offline  
Old 09-04-2008, 10:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
JaguarXJ7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Halifax
Model: 9810
OS: 7.1.0.714
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 554
Post Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Not that I have noticed. Battery life seems pretty good and I would consider my usage to be slightly above average. I have a hearing problem and have not had any issues with the volume.
__________________
Regards, Jag

"Torch 9810 + Playbook 64gb"
Offline  
Old 09-04-2008, 10:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Model: 7100t
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Posts: 52
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

.69 is great. Of course you will have to find it.
Offline  
Old 09-04-2008, 10:48 PM   #20 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Johnny909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sherwood
Model: 8310
OS: 4.5.0.124
PIN: Worms
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 377
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Been running .55 since Labor Day, and all is well. There seems to be a slight delay when switching applications, but other than that it is very stable and seems to have brightened the display a bit.
Good luck
__________________
Every day a holiday, every meal a feast.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.