BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2008, 06:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
anameli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: +movil
Posts: 93
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Cannot see a photo within an e-mail

Please Login to Remove!

I have received a few e-mails that have photos attached, but I cannot see that there's the attachment or the photo. We've tried several times to no avail.
My e-mail is g-mail.
I have a 8320 Curve.
Where can I find help for this issue?
TIA
Offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 06:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 9530
OS: 4.7.0.XXX
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.
Posts: 5,515
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Is the photo an attachment or inline with HTML?

If attachment what format is the picture?


Also welcome to the forums.
Offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 07:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
anameli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: +movil
Posts: 93
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyDBrown View Post
Is the photo an attachment or inline with HTML?

If attachment what format is the picture?


Also welcome to the forums.
It's an attachment in .jpg format.
TIA
Offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 07:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
holden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida Sunshine
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.296
PIN: TOFJAGER
Carrier: Cingular-AT&T-Verizon-Nextel
Posts: 1,046
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anameli View Post
It's an attachment in .jpg format.
TIA
Hi...
If your not on HTML mail with the 4.5 OS then all message documents and pictures are appended to the very bottom of the email.
__________________
hmeister...
nettech
Offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 09:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
sandmanfvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Model: 7130e
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 76
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have gmail, you click the wheel or scroll ball and then click Open Attachment. then in the list (how it shows on mine) you go down to Full Content and then i downloads.
Offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 10:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
anameli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: +movil
Posts: 93
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thank you to all for taking your time to help me out.
I still cannot see either an attachment or a photo within the e-mail. I looked EVERYWHERE.
BUT. I forwarded one of the messages that supposedly have a photo to another e-mail address not associated with the Curve, opened it in my Desktop, and I see the photo there!

What am I doing wrong?

TIA
Offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 10:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 9530
OS: 4.7.0.XXX
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.
Posts: 5,515
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Are you seeing a winmail.dat file on the BlackBerry.
Offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 10:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
anameli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: +movil
Posts: 93
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyDBrown View Post
Are you seeing a winmail.dat file on the BlackBerry.
No. I'm feeling like a moron right now.
Offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 10:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
holden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida Sunshine
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.296
PIN: TOFJAGER
Carrier: Cingular-AT&T-Verizon-Nextel
Posts: 1,046
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anameli View Post
No. I'm feeling like a moron right now.
Anameli;

No, your not a moron. Normally, when an attachment is sent with the message, it will be all they way on the bottom. There will be a reference to the attached photo prior to the bottom. I just wanted to make sure your viewing the message all the way to the bottom. Once there, if the picture is truly attached to the message, you should be able to see the jpg and menu "view attachment". (is it a jpg file or??)

winmail.dat is usually sent when your email client does not know what to do with the actual mail file.

Let us know if your driving all the way to the bottom of the message that has the photo attachment.

Thx..

H.
__________________
hmeister...
nettech
Offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 10:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
anameli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: +movil
Posts: 93
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
Anameli;

No, your not a moron. Normally, when an attachment is sent with the message, it will be all they way on the bottom. There will be a reference to the attached photo prior to the bottom. I just wanted to make sure your viewing the message all the way to the bottom. Once there, if the picture is truly attached to the message, you should be able to see the jpg and menu "view attachment". (is it a jpg file or??)

winmail.dat is usually sent when your email client does not know what to do with the actual mail file.

Let us know if your driving all the way to the bottom of the message that has the photo attachment.

Thx..

H.
Yes. Nothing. No winmail.dat either.
This is the OS: v4.2.2.181 (Platform 2.5.0.35)
Offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 11:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
BBF Spam Killer Moderator
 
daphne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: on a sunny beach
Model: Z30
OS: 10.2.1.12
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 9,169
Post Thanks: 122
Thanked 146 Times in 116 Posts
Default

Check in Options > Advanced Options > Applications to see if you have BlackBerry Attachment Service installed.
__________________
Report spam text messages to 7726
#BlackBerry by choice #BlacBerry 10 is here!
Offline  
Old 09-01-2008, 09:42 AM   #12 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
anameli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: +movil
Posts: 93
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne View Post
Check in Options > Advanced Options > Applications to see if you have BlackBerry Attachment Service installed.
Yes. Version. 4.2.2
Offline  
Old 09-01-2008, 09:55 AM   #13 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
holden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida Sunshine
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.296
PIN: TOFJAGER
Carrier: Cingular-AT&T-Verizon-Nextel
Posts: 1,046
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Can you setup another account on lets say yahoo? I would say that everything else looks good at this point in time so I would say the only other item that is suspect is gmail. Then send something to the new email account with an attached photo and see if this works....
__________________
hmeister...
nettech
Offline  
Old 09-01-2008, 07:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
anameli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: +movil
Posts: 93
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
Can you setup another account on lets say yahoo? I would say that everything else looks good at this point in time so I would say the only other item that is suspect is gmail. Then send something to the new email account with an attached photo and see if this works....
Nothing.

Thanks everyone for all your help. I think I'm going to flush the phone down the drain.
Offline  
Old 09-01-2008, 07:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Maryland
Model: Curve
OS: 4.5.0.110
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 68
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have had the same problem and what I was told if the jpeg is to big of a file it won't even show up as a attachment. But when forwarding it to another email account I can get it. This may or may not be the case for you but it was for my 8310 Curve
Offline  
Old 09-01-2008, 08:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
sandmanfvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Model: 7130e
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 76
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ok, you open an email that has an attachment, click your track ball. Is there any option that says attachment?
Offline  
Old 09-01-2008, 11:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
anameli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: +movil
Posts: 93
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallboyonafatboy View Post
I have had the same problem and what I was told if the jpeg is to big of a file it won't even show up as a attachment. But when forwarding it to another email account I can get it. This may or may not be the case for you but it was for my 8310 Curve
I'm thinking you are right. I have forwarded e-mails from the BB to my Desktop, and I see the photo, so I know it's in there somewhere.
I guess I'm going to have to make .jpg files smaller before sending them.
Thank you!
Offline  
Old 09-01-2008, 11:38 PM   #18 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
anameli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: +movil
Posts: 93
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmanfvr View Post
Ok, you open an email that has an attachment, click your track ball. Is there any option that says attachment?
I only got that once, and it won't open.
I think tallboyonafatboy solved the mystery.

Now, how do I know how big a file does the BB support?

Thank you all once more.
Offline  
Old 09-02-2008, 01:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 11
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i have this same issue on my 8330. I use novell groupwise in the browser window. It is my work email. It says there are attachments, but gives you no option to open them. I just gave up
Offline  
Old 09-02-2008, 05:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Maryland
Model: Curve
OS: 4.5.0.110
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 68
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anameli View Post
I only got that once, and it won't open.
I think tallboyonafatboy solved the mystery.

Now, how do I know how big a file does the BB support?

Thank you all once more.
I don't think I'd press for more than a couple hundred Kb if
you're just viewing it on that little screen. Anything more would be
wasted--and increases the likelihood that it won't be accepted.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.