BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2008, 09:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 52
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default one more SIM card question

Please Login to Remove!

I've seen the threads that say i can dump addresses one at a time from phone to SIM, or use Desktop Manager (I have a MAC and got PocketMac).

I'm still lost. I can't see how to do one at time on my Curve anywhere.
I synced my BB Curve to my MAC with PocketMac.
I still don't know how to put the info on the sim card.

My pre BB phone was a Razr. I dumped all info on my SIM and popped it into my Pearl (T-Mobile). It was easy to swap info between the phone (Razr) and the SIM card.
Had the Pearl for a while. I just upgraded to the Curve, put the SM card in and noticed it card did not have my recent additions, they must have only been on the Pearl memory, not the SIM.
I want to keep my SIM current with any new numbers I add.
How do i do this??

Joe

Last edited by jdzialak : 09-06-2008 at 09:42 PM.
Offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 10:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
holden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida Sunshine
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.296
PIN: TOFJAGER
Carrier: Cingular-AT&T-Verizon-Nextel
Posts: 1,046
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdzialak View Post
I've seen the threads that say i can dump addresses one at a time from phone to SIM, or use Desktop Manager (I have a MAC and got PocketMac).

I'm still lost. I can't see how to do one at time on my Curve anywhere.
I synced my BB Curve to my MAC with PocketMac.
I still don't know how to put the info on the sim card.

My pre BB phone was a Razr. I dumped all info on my SIM and popped it into my Pearl (T-Mobile). It was easy to swap info between the phone (Razr) and the SIM card.
Had the Pearl for a while. I just upgraded to the Curve, put the SM card in and noticed it card did not have my recent additions, they must have only been on the Pearl memory, not the SIM.
I want to keep my SIM current with any new numbers I add.
How do i do this??

Joe
FYI...
Sim cards can only hold 250. If you goto your address book and then run your menu you should see "Sim Address Book", it should give you the capability to copy all to Sim card. The only limitation to this is if you have over 250 addresses, you will not capture your entire address book on the sim memory.
I use Dekart sim reader to manage sim memory when this is the situation.
Dekart

Once you have Dekart, you can copy 250 at a time to a software they have and rebuild and transfer your addresses.

There is another way also. There is a program that will read your IPD backups. If you have this program, you can backup your current phone and then read the backup with this program and transfer all the contacts to Outlook.
Amber

Hope this helps...

H.
__________________
hmeister...
nettech
Offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 10:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 52
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
FYI...
Sim cards can only hold 250. If you goto your address book and then run your menu you should see "Sim Address Book", it should give you the capability to copy all to Sim card. The only limitation to this is if you have over 250 addresses, you will not capture your entire address book on the sim memory.

Hope this helps...

H.
I tried that. The only option is COPY TO ADDRESS BOOK.

Joe
Offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 10:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: 9xx0
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,907
Post Thanks: 60
Thanked 244 Times in 182 Posts
Default

You can only copy one at a time TO the SIM card.

Open the Address Book > view the contact > place the BB cursor over one phone number > Menu > Copy to SIM Phone Book.

Last edited by JSanders : 09-06-2008 at 10:27 PM.
Offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 10:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 52
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
You can only copy one at a time TO the SIM card.

Open the Address Book > view the contact > place the BB cursor over one phone number > Menu > Copy to SIM Phone Book.
Thanks!

Joe
Offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 10:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
holden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida Sunshine
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.296
PIN: TOFJAGER
Carrier: Cingular-AT&T-Verizon-Nextel
Posts: 1,046
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdzialak View Post
I tried that. The only option is COPY TO ADDRESS BOOK.

Joe
Your right, sorry and Sanders is right... I did not read (RTFM) the menu...
Ok, so now the only other method you can use is the Amber method which I have used if you have a BB to BB. It can write your IPD to Outlook or if your moving from Cell to BB use the sim card manager Dekart which can move multiple address around using their software which I also use...

H.
__________________
hmeister...
nettech
Offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 10:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
holden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida Sunshine
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.296
PIN: TOFJAGER
Carrier: Cingular-AT&T-Verizon-Nextel
Posts: 1,046
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
You can only copy one at a time TO the SIM card.

Open the Address Book > view the contact > place the BB cursor over one phone number > Menu > Copy to SIM Phone Book.
Man, I thought I was loosing it. Your right and I was racking my brain and 8310 trying to remember how to view this feature in the menu "copy to sim phone book. (my thumb hurts)
Thanks for the valuable info (again)
__________________
hmeister...
nettech
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.