Originally Posted by Tink *~*~*
Howdy everyone. I came here tonight looking to find out if there was an application that I could download to my BB that would allow me to edit photos right on the BB. I ended up reading for an hour and not finding the answer, but now I have MORE questions LOL! Always dangerous to read a forum like this - too many cool ideas.
Anyway, the questions:
1. So - IS there an app I could download to my Curve 8310 that would allow me to edit photos right on it? Specifically, I am looking to be able to reduce the size of a photo before sending via MMS. I am not interested in taking the photo at a lower resolution to begin with. I seem to be limited to 300 KB sending via MMS, and many of my photos are 700 KB and more, so that's why I want it.
2. Regarding OS version and Desktop Software version - where can I find information on which is the latest/greatest for the Curve 8310? I find the Blackberry.com site a little confusing - it expects me to know which version I want, and I don't know!
3. Where is the BEST place to find all the cool toys for the 8310?
Thanks for any advice - looking forward to hearing from the more experienced BB users out there!
1. not sure of any photo editors / resizer's for blackberry.
2. you can upgrade your blackberry os by following the below instuctions.
Originally Posted by mckinneycm
Download here: Updateservice
Scroll down to Blackberry Firmware and find the 8310
Instructions for installing on ANY carrier's 8310:
1. Make sure you have the latest version of Desktop Manager installed. BlackBerry - Desktop Software - BlackBerry Desktop Software at BlackBerry.com
2. Download the above file to the PC then install it to the PC by running the file you downloaded.
3. Locate the vendor.xml file and delete it. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
4. Plug in BB and Open Desktop Manager. You should be prompted to upgrade.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to DM again and run application loader again and it should load the OS to the device.
To find previous versions of the OS for this device, click http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ilanguage.html Note: Preloaded Wallpapers and custom folder icons are not included in this release.
3. cool apps, blackberryforums list lots of cool apps to use with your blackberry just do a search for them.