I tried to d/l 4.5 and install it, but my device still says v184.108.40.206 after I go through the process? What specific OS upgrade should I be d/l'ing for my 8310? Sorry to burden the list.
That's the one that I have been using. But it doesn't seem to appear when I do OPTIONS>ABOUT?
If you follow the instructions carefully and completely... your upgrade will be successful.
You must be missing a step or two in your process. (Step 3 is easily overlooked.)
You need the same OS as you asked here, nothing has changed:
The routine questions:
1) Did you follow the directions exactly as posted?
2) Did you follow those directions IN the order as written?
3) Did you install (double-click) on the *.exe file which you downloaded?
4) Did you delete the vendor.xml file?
Also, as FYI I did unlock my themes and chose non-AT&T theme.
How to Add Vendor Locked Themes - BlackBerryFAQ
do I need to perform step 3 of deleting vendor.xml if it's going to my AT&T BB ?
Yes, unless you are reinstalling this OS and not 4.5.
2. Delete Vendor.xml file
3. Install OS4.5 AT&T on PC
4. Start BDM (4.3)
5. Take off battery from Device and Connect to PC via mini USB (BDM still appear Disconnect - It's OK)
6. Click Next Load till JVM " Erasing application ..and Loading software"
7. After that, next step Waitting for device ... you need PUT battery in to device, processing still working to Finish, You just click Close button.
You device Upgrade to OS4.5 AT&T
All is well now, followed ALL of the instructions! Thank you.
IIRC full instructions are included in the latest OS threads that are stickied at the top of the forum.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.