BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2008, 03:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Mexico, USA
Model: 8320
OS: xp sp3
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Streaming With Latest Software Upgrade

Please Login to Remove!

I upgraded to the current software version. The docs which came with this (from t-mobile) said:

This Handheld software includes:

* Video recording capability
* HTML email for internet email accounts
* Music and Video Streaming video capabilities
* New browser home page design
* Improved downloading experience
* Improved UMA and data performance
* Attachment downloading and document editing
* Free/Busy calendar look-up and remote email search for BES users (Requires BES SW 4.1.5 or higher)

Note #3 which is streaming 'music'. However, while I can find an applet added which lets me take video recordings, there is no applet for streaming audio such as Internet Radio.

I tried several Web sites which stream their radio feeds but none would work. One just failed w/o a message. The other caused the phone to say the format isn't supported. I even tried Pandora but no joy there either.

So how the *#&* do I get streaming audio / music to play on my Curve? T-Mobile customer support says it should just work. Ha ha on that.
Offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 05:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 29
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryadsdad View Post
I upgraded to the current software version. The docs which came with this (from t-mobile) said:

This Handheld software includes:

* Video recording capability
* HTML email for internet email accounts
* Music and Video Streaming video capabilities
* New browser home page design
* Improved downloading experience
* Improved UMA and data performance
* Attachment downloading and document editing
* Free/Busy calendar look-up and remote email search for BES users (Requires BES SW 4.1.5 or higher)

Note #3 which is streaming 'music'. However, while I can find an applet added which lets me take video recordings, there is no applet for streaming audio such as Internet Radio.

I tried several Web sites which stream their radio feeds but none would work. One just failed w/o a message. The other caused the phone to say the format isn't supported. I even tried Pandora but no joy there either.

So how the *#&* do I get streaming audio / music to play on my Curve? T-Mobile customer support says it should just work. Ha ha on that.
come on man, google is your friend......... m.moodio.fm

thats what i use , go and creeate an account and you can thank me later
Offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 05:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile
Posts: 73
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I wish it was that easy, I tried that, I've tried orb, I've tried pretty much everything anybody's recommended, and no joy here. Nothing I've done will make my blackberry stream anything. I'd pay money for an app that would let me listen to sirius!
Offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 06:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 29
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingston73 View Post
I wish it was that easy, I tried that, I've tried orb, I've tried pretty much everything anybody's recommended, and no joy here. Nothing I've done will make my blackberry stream anything. I'd pay money for an app that would let me listen to sirius!
really ??? i just donwloaded the new desktop manager and have had a few problems with it.......as far as streaming music, ive had nothing but great success....now i dont mean to rub it in, but i would try calling RIM or someone, to make sure all the settings are correct
Offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 06:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Mexico, USA
Model: 8320
OS: xp sp3
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

OK. I'm giving that a try. I did try searching the Internet for streaming not finding the answer there. I did try Berry Tunes and it worked after a lot of fiddling but the new upgrade of sw from BB claims it streams implying I don't need to buy Berry Tunes.

Tunes is fine but it is pre defined stations. I'd prefer being able to stream my local stations most of which have Web sites with a stream.
Offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 06:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Mexico, USA
Model: 8320
OS: xp sp3
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Kingston / Elflyingpig (is that you Skip?)

Moodio works perfectly. Thanks.
Offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 07:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 29
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryadsdad View Post
Kingston / Elflyingpig (is that you Skip?)

Moodio works perfectly. Thanks.
yes....moodio allows you to add stations to the moodio site if they are not alreayd on there.......has bootlef howard101, has an alex jones station, ems/fire scanners, police scanners, and a huge variety of music channels. my buddy saw my curve today and was trippin on all the cool stuff it does, needless to say he went out and bought one
Offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 07:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 29
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryadsdad View Post
Kingston / Elflyingpig (is that you Skip?)

Moodio works perfectly. Thanks.
ski p?????? to my lou ????? no im not him.....
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.