BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2009, 02:45 PM   #121 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Model: 9700
Carrier: T-mobile
Posts: 87
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
I dont seem to get this. What apps do you have installed/running?
Nothing untoward...here's a list:

Facebook
Zagat to Go
Gmail
Google Calendar Sync
Google Maps
Microsoft Live Search
WeatherEye

When I reboot I have anywhere from 8-10 MB free. After being on for a few days, it drops to about 4 MB free. Sometimes it pops back up to 6 or so, sometimes it just crashes. I also get a fair amount of the hourglass appearing for no particular reason, and programs (particularly Google Maps) seem to run more slowly than 4.2 or previous versions of 4.5.
Offline  
Old 01-12-2009, 04:34 PM   #122 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

when i did this it said
i would need to Activate a BlackBerry device wirelessly to recieve messages.


what is this and how do i do it?
Offline  
Old 01-12-2009, 05:08 PM   #123 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
rifleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Model: 9780
OS: 6.0.0.283
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 210
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfunkdave View Post
Nothing untoward...here's a list:

Facebook
Zagat to Go
Gmail
Google Calendar Sync
Google Maps
Microsoft Live Search
WeatherEye

When I reboot I have anywhere from 8-10 MB free. After being on for a few days, it drops to about 4 MB free. Sometimes it pops back up to 6 or so, sometimes it just crashes. I also get a fair amount of the hourglass appearing for no particular reason, and programs (particularly Google Maps) seem to run more slowly than 4.2 or previous versions of 4.5.

I only use Facebook and Google Maps and Viigo.

Everything else, I do not use. I have a suspicion that the google apps and that Live search could be draining you. To troubleshoot, I would uninstall the apps one at a time to see which one adversely affect the device.

All I know is that I do NOT need all these Google apps exept for the Instant search. I do sync with Gmail and Yahoo using the built in client.

Not saying that I dont have leaks, but not as extensive as yours.
Offline  
Old 01-12-2009, 05:10 PM   #124 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
rifleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Model: 9780
OS: 6.0.0.283
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 210
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer02 View Post
when i did this it said
i would need to Activate a BlackBerry device wirelessly to recieve messages.


what is this and how do i do it?
I presume you are trying to connect to email. You might not have your Service books.

Try this first:

Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table

Select the Menu and choose, "Register Now"
Offline  
Old 01-12-2009, 05:12 PM   #125 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
rifleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Model: 9780
OS: 6.0.0.283
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 210
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praise8320 View Post
It just showed APP error 200. What does this mean? It showed when I was checking the voicemail.
I would back-up the device, wipe the handheld using JL CMDER and then reload OS from scratch. Looks like a corrupted app install duirng upgrade.
Offline  
Old 01-12-2009, 11:05 PM   #126 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Model: 9700
PIN: 215be282
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 51
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Dear Raptor464,
As new member I wanted to thank you for posting this thread that is a help to all of us. I did the update just as suggested and went smooth as silk and back up and running great.
Thanks again,
Bob
Offline  
Old 01-13-2009, 03:02 PM   #127 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Model: 9700
Carrier: T-mobile
Posts: 87
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
I only use Facebook and Google Maps and Viigo.

Everything else, I do not use. I have a suspicion that the google apps and that Live search could be draining you. To troubleshoot, I would uninstall the apps one at a time to see which one adversely affect the device.

All I know is that I do NOT need all these Google apps exept for the Instant search. I do sync with Gmail and Yahoo using the built in client.

Not saying that I dont have leaks, but not as extensive as yours.
I removed Live Search, though I'm suspicious of WeatherEye. I use Gmail with the built in client usually, too. I just like the Gmail app for searching through archived mail. It's handy for looking up a phone number and the like. I use Google Calendar sync to sync my Blackberry calendar with my work calendar, since this is my personal Blackberry.
Offline  
Old 04-24-2009, 06:18 PM   #128 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: georgia
Model: 8320
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 242684b9
Carrier: t-mobile
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default bb messenger

thanks for the post dl"ed an finally retrieve missing apps back on my phone
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.