BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2009, 11:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Charlotte NC
Model: 8900
OS: 5.0.0.592
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 117
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Questions about Movies on 8320

Please Login to Remove!

I want to put a movie on my 8320 so I can watch it while I travel. I tried to add it by using DM but it took forever so I just canceled the transfer. When I clicked and dragged the movie on to my BB the BB wouldnt play the file (AVI). Is there a easier way to put movies on my BB than using DM? Can convert the avi file to a different type and just click and drag it on to my BB? Im confused someone please help.
Offline  
Old 01-03-2009, 11:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
BBF Spam Killer Moderator
 
daphne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: on a sunny beach
Model: Z
OS: 10.2.1.12
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 9,165
Post Thanks: 122
Thanked 146 Times in 116 Posts
Default

Movies/videos have to be converted to the right format for the BlackBerry. You can do this with Desktop Manager's Media Manager/Roxio. See FAQ for exactly how.

How do I convert video using Roxio - BlackBerryFAQ

I have some avi videos on my BlackBerry, converted with Roxio. They work great.
__________________
Report spam text messages to 7726
#BlackBerry by choice #BlacBerry 10 is here!
Offline  
Old 01-04-2009, 12:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Charlotte NC
Model: 8900
OS: 5.0.0.592
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 117
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne View Post
Movies/videos have to be converted to the right format for the BlackBerry. You can do this with Desktop Manager's Media Manager/Roxio. See FAQ for exactly how.

How do I convert video using Roxio - BlackBerryFAQ

I have some avi videos on my BlackBerry, converted with Roxio. They work great.
But that takes so long. Ive done some searching and found that all the other converters cost money or is only a trial so I guess the only absolutely free way is this way. Thanks Daphne
Offline  
Old 01-04-2009, 01:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
BBF Spam Killer Moderator
 
daphne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: on a sunny beach
Model: Z
OS: 10.2.1.12
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 9,165
Post Thanks: 122
Thanked 146 Times in 116 Posts
Default

It is slow, but I usually get up and have a snack or watch tv for a while.
__________________
Report spam text messages to 7726
#BlackBerry by choice #BlacBerry 10 is here!
Offline  
Old 01-04-2009, 01:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att
Posts: 20
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

yeah i agree....its pretty slow but works decent if you ask me.
Offline  
Old 01-06-2009, 02:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Model: storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-mobile
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

In fact Blackberry support AVI files.but for 8320 I recommend you to set your videos in this way when doing conversion: Recommended video format: MP4, 240x320 pixels, up to 768 kbps, 24 frames per second. I think this is the best settings for your video.
also I recommend you Nidesoft Blackberry video converter to convert your videos. as you can make those settings with this converter.
Offline  
Old 01-23-2009, 06:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
alslsb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Model: Z30
OS: 2.1055
PIN: erest
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 470
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Thumbs down Nidesoft Warning!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchidk View Post
In fact Blackberry support AVI files.but for 8320 I recommend you to set your videos in this way when doing conversion: Recommended video format: MP4, 240x320 pixels, up to 768 kbps, 24 frames per second. I think this is the best settings for your video.
also I recommend you Nidesoft Blackberry video converter to convert your videos. as you can make those settings with this converter.
The trial worked but the paid version doesn't!!! Tried emailing their support since 12-27 requesting help or a refund!!!!
Offline  
Old 02-11-2009, 12:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Model: 7100T
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alslsb View Post
The trial worked but the paid version doesn't!!! Tried emailing their support since 12-27 requesting help or a refund!!!!
hi, I am custom service from nidesoft studio.
firstly, I am so sorry about the inconvenience that has brought to you. I apologize for that.
In fact, we check our feedback email everyday and I am sure we have replied all emails sent on 12-27. Maybe the email got lost due to system problem, so would you please give me another email address so that we can contact with you to solve your problem as soon as possible. Thanks!
Best wishes!
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.