Hi from Greece,
This forum is my last solution. You can't imagine what I've been through.
I have a BB Curve 8310
. For as long as I had OS 4.2, BB worked perfectly. I was able to browse on the web and everything, I had set up a GMAIL and a YAHOO account, I was able to receive my e-mails, etc.
Then I upgraded it myself (via Desktop Manager) to OS 4.5.
Suddenly I found out that several icons were missing (browser, e-mail settings, BB help, Yahoo messenger, Google talk and probably few others don't really remember). STEPS TAKEN TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM
1) Contacted my provider's technical support a million times but it seems that there is no BB expert there.
2) Asked them to sent me the Service Book a million times.
3) "Register Now" many times.
4) Did the wiping + scrubbing thing also a million times.
5) Left the Phone to WIND Hellas
to check its functions and do the upgrading properly. Response: no functional problem with the phone + we did the upgrading process properly
6) Left the phone to another provider (Vodafone
) and paid to check its function + problems and do the updating properly. Response: no functional problem with the phone + upgrading from previous provider was correct
7) Deleted Browser from Applications and then undeleted it.
8) Restarted the BB a million times, taking out the battery + SIM and turning it on again to see what happens.
9) Tried unsuccessfully to downgrade to OS 4.2 by
uninstalling Desktop Manager 4.7 > downloading/installing Desktop Manager 4.2. > deleting the file "vendor.xml". Unfortunately I was not able to downgrade it to 4.2.
10) In the meantime, every time a technician was asking me to do the WIPING thing I was trying to explain them that they need to help me DISABLE the CONTENT PROTECTION setting which always leads to the time-consuming SCRUBBING process (BB off for at least 40 minutes). Nobody could help me with this. My "Content Protection" setting is still enabled with a red padlock there.
I don't know what else to do. I haven't used my BB for 2 months now, though I keep paying WIND Hellas the extra EUR15.00 per month for the Blackberry Services.
Please help me. I'm desperate!
Thank you so much