BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8300-series-discussion-curve/)
-   -   HELLLLLPPPPP please! System update (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8300-series-discussion-curve/175670-helllllppppp-please-system-update.html)

onlyonelucy 02-11-2009 05:13 PM

HELLLLLPPPPP please! System update
 
My trackball will not zoom in when I am taking a picture. It was working fine until yesterday. It will do everything else, move up, move down and scroll through everything. So, I go to the Verizon store today. They say I need to do a software upgrade because I am running 4.5 and the latest is 4.7. Anyway, I did a 2 min battery pull and while the trackball works now, I have a new issue. I called Tech Support for Verizon and they said that I still should do a software upgrade (or is it update?) anyway because it will iron out a lot of kinks with the BB. So, get this- she tries to walk me through installing Desktop Manager for my BB and it won't install. I told her I have a MAC but she said that doesn't matter. It just won't work. Don't I have to have PocketMac for BB to do this update? For those of you who have Verizon, I am not talking about *228, I am talking about a software update. Can you guys PLEASE help me? I am so frustrated!!! :x All I want to do is update the software to the whatever point seven and I have a mac!

Motorcycle Mama 02-11-2009 06:16 PM

Do you have a Curve or a Pearl? This is the Curve forum but your profile indicates a Pearl.

There's no official 4.7 release of the Curve OS. If you have Curve, press Alt-Left Shift-H all at the same time and read the third line.

Or go to Options and select About and read the third line.

Type in ALL the numbers in this thread.

SteveO86 02-11-2009 08:13 PM

Their is no 4.7 update for the 8130.

A battery pull will fix the camera issue, I've see it a few times..

On a MAC I don't think you can update the OS on your phone.

What is the "new issue"?

alb123 02-11-2009 10:43 PM

Verizons latest official OS for the Curve is 4.5.0.77, so I'll betcha thats what he meant. A shame Mac users are still treated like red-headed step children. I don't see how RIM can justify not having a Mac DM available by now. Unreal....

aapierre 02-12-2009 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alb123 (Post 1281880)
A shame Mac users are still treated like red-headed step children. ...

Buts its true tho

MAC users are mostly ginger and lonely ;-)

RedSoxFan 02-12-2009 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlyonelucy (Post 1281487)
My trackball will not zoom in when I am taking a picture. It was working fine until yesterday. It will do everything else, move up, move down and scroll through everything. So, I go to the Verizon store today. They say I need to do a software upgrade because I am running 4.5 and the latest is 4.7. Anyway, I did a 2 min battery pull and while the trackball works now, I have a new issue. I called Tech Support for Verizon and they said that I still should do a software upgrade (or is it update?) anyway because it will iron out a lot of kinks with the BB. So, get this- she tries to walk me through installing Desktop Manager for my BB and it won't install. I told her I have a MAC but she said that doesn't matter. It just won't work. Don't I have to have PocketMac for BB to do this update? For those of you who have Verizon, I am not talking about *228, I am talking about a software update. Can you guys PLEASE help me? I am so frustrated!!! :x All I want to do is update the software to the whatever point seven and I have a mac!

Same thing happened to me more than once. What I did was deleted some pictures that I had stored in the phone (not a mini disk). Once I deleted a few photos I was able to zoom back in taking pictures. Not sure what the cause is but it may have something to do with storage etc. I suggest getting a mini SD card and try storing some of your photos there.

onlyonelucy 02-12-2009 02:28 PM

Yes, I do have the curve now. I used to have a pearl. I forgot to change that on my profile and will do so. Anyway, Redsoxfan, I do have an SD card in my phone but that's not my issue. The issue I am having is trying to figure out JUST HOW to update the OS on mine if I have a MAC? I don't think Verizon understands what I am needing!?

onlyonelucy 02-12-2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveO86 (Post 1281700)
Their is no 4.7 update for the 8130.

A battery pull will fix the camera issue, I've see it a few times..

On a MAC I don't think you can update the OS on your phone.

What is the "new issue"?


The new issue is how in the world do I do an OS update? Pocketmac doesn't do it, does it? Verizon said they can't do it in the store. So, now what?

Motorcycle Mama 02-12-2009 06:29 PM

You can NOT update your phone OS using a Mac. You MUST use a Windows based platform.

Friends? Family members? Work (if allowed)? Somewhere else you can access a PC and load software on it.

But before you even try that, can you confirm what the actual OS version is on your phone now?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.