BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2009, 06:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 20
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Tmo 8320 in Korea

Please Login to Remove!

Just wanted to anyone that wondered how the UMA would work in S. Korea...it works find if u can find a reliable WiFi connection. It all works phone, email, text, IM ....etc
Offline  
Old 03-23-2009, 12:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry Master
 
Trimix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: smelLA, caLAMEfornia
Model: 8320
OS: 4.5.0.182
PIN: infarina
Carrier: of alotta bacteria
Posts: 4,932
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

I emailed Tmobile asking them a similar question about using UMA internationally. They haven't replied yet and they are usually quite prompt. But I would imagine you should be able to use the phone at the very least in S. Korea. UMA is just wifi dependent. I'm curious about email/text/IM also.
Offline  
Old 03-23-2009, 01:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Spam Reporter
 
dc/dc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: IAD
Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream
Posts: 14,524
Post Thanks: 214
Thanked 341 Times in 307 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimix View Post
I emailed Tmobile asking them a similar question about using UMA internationally. They haven't replied yet and they are usually quite prompt. But I would imagine you should be able to use the phone at the very least in S. Korea. UMA is just wifi dependent. I'm curious about email/text/IM also.
With an 8320, you are totally reliant on WiFi, so only data services and UMA calling will work. SMS will not.

The best solution in South Korea is to use an 8707 or Bold with T-Mobile USA service.
__________________
I h8 txtspk.
Offline  
Old 03-24-2009, 12:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 20
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post
With an 8320, you are totally reliant on WiFi, so only data services and UMA calling will work. SMS will not.

The best solution in South Korea is to use an 8707 or Bold with T-Mobile USA service.
The SMS does work over the WiFi connection. I sent and recieved numberous text with my wife and a few friends...Everything works!!!!
Offline  
Old 03-24-2009, 11:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Spam Reporter
 
dc/dc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: IAD
Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream
Posts: 14,524
Post Thanks: 214
Thanked 341 Times in 307 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubakaka View Post
The SMS does work over the WiFi connection. I sent and recieved numberous text with my wife and a few friends...Everything works!!!!
Ok great!

It didn't used to.
__________________
I h8 txtspk.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Vintage Tap Handle Lot Ace No. 2E 42113 Stanley Yankee 251A T-Handle Wrench
$29.0
Vintage Tap Handle Lot Ace No. 2E 42113 Stanley Yankee 251A T-Handle Wrench pictureVintage Starrett No. C304SRE Steel 6” Ruler with Original Case
$22.0
Vintage Starrett No. C304SRE Steel 6” Ruler with Original Case pictureHu-Friedy Vintage Elevator With Screw Tip Straight 1 Dental Instrument RARE
$99.99
Hu-Friedy Vintage Elevator With Screw Tip Straight 1  Dental Instrument RARE pictureVintage SELENIUM RECTIFIER 250V 200V 0.16A 150mA 1/2B250/200-0.16 NOS CELL
$12.87
Vintage SELENIUM RECTIFIER   250V 200V 0.16A 150mA   1/2B250/200-0.16 NOS CELL pictureSFT323 * LOT OF 10 * TESTED Vintage Military Ge Germanium Transistors AC128
$9.87
SFT323 * LOT OF 10 * TESTED Vintage Military Ge Germanium Transistors AC128 picture






Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.