BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8300-series-discussion-curve/)
-   -   Organization Question (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8300-series-discussion-curve/184624-organization-question.html)

Baldie 04-05-2009 08:22 PM

Organization Question
 
I have an excel spreadsheet that I use to keep track of bills I pay each payday. I'm trying to find out if there is any software outthere or even a way to carry this excel spreadsheet around with me on my phone for immediate access to it if needed to view or change by plugging it into another PC.

Any idea how I can do this?

Motorcycle Mama 04-05-2009 08:55 PM

If you have the 4.5 version of the phone OS installed on the device, you will get Documents to Go (Basic) for free. If you register and upgrade Documents to Go (also for free), you will get Sheet to Go which can read and edit Excel files on the device.

Otherwise, if you place the file on your Media Card, you can access it from a computer by placing the BlackBerry in Mass Storage Mode.

Baldie 04-05-2009 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama (Post 1343541)
If you have the 4.5 version of the phone OS installed on the device, you will get Documents to Go (Basic) for free. If you register and upgrade Documents to Go (also for free), you will get Sheet to Go which can read and edit Excel files on the device.

Otherwise, if you place the file on your Media Card, you can access it from a computer by placing the BlackBerry in Mass Storage Mode.

I do have 4.5 but don't have Documents to Go. I only have Sheets to Go and Word to Go. Any idea? I've tried to move the excel sheet to my memory card using the desktop manager but it would not do it. I then tried doing simply drag and drop by going into My Computer and I was able to get it on my device but when I try to open it using Word to Go it does not recognize the excel file.

VIOLATOR 04-05-2009 10:28 PM

You should have Word to Go and Slideshow to Go?

Register your Docs to Go and you will get the Sheet to go.



David

RenegadeS 04-05-2009 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VIOLATOR (Post 1343599)
You should have Word to Go and Slideshow to Go?

Register your Docs to Go and you will get the Sheet to go.



David

Where exactly do you go to upgrade and register these apps? I just updated to 4.5 and would like the other apps too!

THanks!

Motorcycle Mama 04-05-2009 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldie (Post 1343581)
I do have 4.5 but don't have Documents to Go. I only have Sheets to Go and Word to Go. Any idea? I've tried to move the excel sheet to my memory card using the desktop manager but it would not do it. I then tried doing simply drag and drop by going into My Computer and I was able to get it on my device but when I try to open it using Word to Go it does not recognize the excel file.

You can't open an Excel file with Word to Go. (Just stop and think about it for a minute. Word to Go is for Word documents not spreadsheets.) You need to use Sheet to Go.

And just a note, Sheet to Go and Word to Go (along with Slideshow to Go) ARE Documents to Go.

Motorcycle Mama 04-05-2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RenegadeS (Post 1343605)
Where exactly do you go to upgrade and register these apps? I just updated to 4.5 and would like the other apps too!

THanks!

It's really not good forum etiquette to hijack a thread.


But if you open Word to Go and press the Menu button, you will get the Register option.

RenegadeS 04-05-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama (Post 1343609)
It's really not good forum etiquette to hijack a thread.


But if you open Word to Go and press the Menu button, you will get the Register option.

What are you talking about "hijacking" a thread? I had a question related to the exact same subject and rather than opening a new thread about the SAME subject, I just asked my question in the appropriate thread. Nobody had asked the question, they were just getting told to update the apps. I haven't a clue where that is supposed to be done until now, so I don't understand the "hijacking" of a thread comment.

Thanks though to help figure out the problem.(y)

Baldie 04-05-2009 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama (Post 1343608)
You can't open an Excel file with Word to Go. (Just stop and think about it for a minute. Word to Go is for Word documents not spreadsheets.) You need to use Sheet to Go.

And just a note, Sheet to Go and Word to Go (along with Slideshow to Go) ARE Documents to Go.

Gotcha....thanks.

aapierre 04-06-2009 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RenegadeS (Post 1343616)
What are you talking about "hijacking" a thread? I had a question related to the exact same subject and rather than opening a new thread about the SAME subject, I just asked my question in the appropriate thread. Nobody had asked the question, they were just getting told to update the apps. I haven't a clue where that is supposed to be done until now, so I don't understand the "hijacking" of a thread comment.

Thanks though to help figure out the problem.(y)

My reading of it is that you didn't hijack the thread at all
but at leats you got your question answered.

ps my question is does docs to go allow us to look at pdf files?

drizzt09 04-06-2009 10:19 AM

pdf only with the paid version... however I am able to open pdf files my work sends me, Ill have to see why that is.

I think the reason behind no hijacking is because I will skim through the questions, and see that 1 of the other hightech posters have already touched it and skip the thread altogether, assuming they are handling it fine(since most of them have been around longer than me). However unknown there is actually a new question that hijacked that hasnt been touched yet when I could have answered it if it has its own posting with 0 replies

RenegadeS 04-06-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzt09 (Post 1343908)
pdf only with the paid version... however I am able to open pdf files my work sends me, Ill have to see why that is.

I think the reason behind no hijacking is because I will skim through the questions, and see that 1 of the other hightech posters have already touched it and skip the thread altogether, assuming they are handling it fine(since most of them have been around longer than me). However unknown there is actually a new question that hijacked that hasnt been touched yet when I could have answered it if it has its own posting with 0 replies

I'm confused. I didn't mean to "hijack" anything I just thought it'd be easier to just ask the question I had pertaining to the same subject in the same thread, rather than opening a new one and possibly getting chastised for it.

My bad yo!:?

drizzt09 04-06-2009 04:26 PM

It doesnt bother me none, but I guess its the rules, but I was just mentioning how I could understand... but I can also understand your point as well..

RenegadeS 04-06-2009 08:57 PM

I just know that if I asked it in another thread that I could get a "Please utilize the search feature of the forum" message or something like that. I just thought I was avoiding that, but oh well, no harm done.8-)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.