New Blackberry 8320 user. Please help
I was given an unlocked T-Mobile 8320 just recently. I am temporarily using a AT&T sim card until i get a sim card from the Philippines. When i get the sim card, I intend to keep it in there and not use the AT&T anymore.
A few questions for all of you. I hope you can help...
* While using the AT&T sim card, can i use the wifi without getting charged for data by AT&T? How about when i start using the international sim card?
* How do I set up wifi?
* Can i use wifi to check mail, weather, etc...?
* I believe the OS version is 4.2 or 4.3, do i need to upgrade to OS 4.5? If so, how do i go about doing that?
* On the "Mobile Network", I have "data services" off, does that sound right?
I think that's all i have so far. I would really appreciate any input you guys may have. Thanks
- Yes you can use wifi without being charged.
- Look for the "Manage Connections" icon. That's where you go to turn on your wifi connection.
- Yes, can use wifi for almost everything you can normally do on a computer browser (exception some sites aren't able to be rendered on the phone browser).
- If you aren't having issues/problems with your current OS, you can just stay with it. If you want the features of a more advanced OS, then the choice is up to you.
- Depending on where you're at, you'll want to toggle the Mobile Network - Data Services to on/off/off when roaming. For example if you have an AT&T sim and you travel to the philippines, it'd be good to have it turned off or to off when roaming so you don't incur charges. But if you are state side, leave data services ON.
Be sure to check out the stickies in the forums as well as BlackBerryFAQ at the top of the page. Will answer a lot of questions you might have as a new BB owner.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.