BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2009, 07:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Possible battery pin failure.

Please Login to Remove!

Hi guys,

I purchased a blackberry not too long ago it's under a year old in pretty good condition and just a few months ago I found my blackberry kept on cutting out on me and restarting every now and then, so I thought the battery must be dying so I charge it up and it keeps doing it, so I take out the battery and re insert it into the device and the problem kept ensuing yet it got more frequent.

So I found lowering in my phone battery slowly was a temporary solution to this, but the more I did that the more it cut out I tried moving the battery while is was still in the device and it would work for a while and cut out. It progressively got worse and then it just stopped working all together so I try buying a new battery thinking the battery had packed in, to my dismay the battery didn't even register.

I've now just came back to it a few months later and I had it working for about 2-3 minutes and the same problem has reared it's ugly head. I've found that power is still going through to the device yet it's not recognising the battery at all but I've found that the batteries both work so it couldn't be the batteries that are dead so I'e came to the conclusion that it may very well be the pins on the phone for the battery are knackered. I'm just thinking is there any point on trying to get it fixed at all? Also will it be a straight-forward job?

-Katsuya
Offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 10:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Florida
Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 11
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Re: your battery issue...

1) Have you taken the blackberry back to the store were you puchased it? If it is under a warranty ---so then use that warranty to get yours replaced.

2) If no manufacturer warranty then do you pay for insurance (through your wireless carrier)? If you do then use that to get your self a replacment phone.

Getting something like that fixed probably wouldn't happen because it would be easier for the wireless company to get you a replacement and then send your phone off to where ever they send phones to be refurbished.
Offline  
Old 07-20-2009, 02:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetechtm View Post
Re: your battery issue...

1) Have you taken the blackberry back to the store were you puchased it? If it is under a warranty ---so then use that warranty to get yours replaced.

2) If no manufacturer warranty then do you pay for insurance (through your wireless carrier)? If you do then use that to get your self a replacment phone.

Getting something like that fixed probably wouldn't happen because it would be easier for the wireless company to get you a replacement and then send your phone off to where ever they send phones to be refurbished.
If I had it under warrenty or insured do you not think I would have got it replaced already?

I was asking if it was worth it to get the pins replaced.
Offline  
Old 07-20-2009, 02:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Montgomery, AL
Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 90
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuya View Post
If I had it under warrenty or insured do you not think I would have got it replaced already?

I was asking if it was worth it to get the pins replaced.
Well you did say you bought it under a year ago so the reasonable assumption would be that it has warranty.

Your assumption that anyone reading your post should KNOW you don't because if it did you would of had it replaced is NOT a reasonable assumption.
Offline  
Old 07-20-2009, 03:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasPI View Post
Well you did say you bought it under a year ago so the reasonable assumption would be that it has warranty.

Your assumption that anyone reading your post should KNOW you don't because if it did you would of had it replaced is NOT a reasonable assumption.
Yet my question was:

Quote:
I'm just thinking is there any point on trying to get it fixed at all? Also will it be a straight-forward job?
Offline  
Old 07-20-2009, 03:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Montgomery, AL
Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 90
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuya View Post
Yet my question was:
Good luck finding help with your issue...
Offline  
Old 07-23-2009, 10:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Florida
Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 11
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuya View Post
If I had it under warrenty or insured do you not think I would have got it replaced already?

I was asking if it was worth it to get the pins replaced.
As I stated in my original post...you would be hard pressed to find someone willing to fix a battery pin issue when they could just take you phone and have it refurbished and give you a new or refurbished phone in exchange for your current phone. The reason why I brought up the warranty topic is because that is your best course of action. When I had a pocket pc I had a similar problem with the charging port and Verizon just took the broken phone and gave me a refurbish/new phone to take with me.

So my answer to your question about is it worth getting fixed....no....take it back to the store you bought it and hope you still have the original 1 year manufacturer warranty on it.

My suggestion to you is to pay the extra money per month for insurance on your blackberry for the following reasons 1) your blackberry is an expensive phone to replace 2) you can easly deal with situations like this by calling up the insurance and paying a deductible or not paying a deductible and getting an new/refurbished phone with no hassle.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.