11-05-2009, 10:45 PM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes, you have a point. But, I had many problems with Office 2003, associated with corrupted registry entries, Vista udpdates, yadayadayada, which persisted after I removed it and did a fresh install of Office 2007. I finally got that straightened out and I really don't want to go back there.
So instead, inspired by your comment, I put Outlook 2000 on another XP computer, installed Desktop Mnager 4.2.2 on that computer, and synced to Outlook 2000. No dice. Still incomplete transfer of calendar entries.
After further investigation -- I am new to BBs -- I have determined that the problem was caused by deleting and reinitiallizing one of the email accounts on the phone, which was the default calendar account. This caused all of the calendar entries at that point to be reassigned to device default, which doesn't backup over the wire. On deleting that email account, the other account on the phone got assigned as default, and all new calendar entries were by default assigned to that. THose were the ones getting synced.
Thanks for your comment.