BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2009, 09:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
piloso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Model: 8350i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Boostmobile
Posts: 29
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 8350i software upgrade now available.

Please Login to Remove!

App Version 4.6.1.313 (459) released today.
Offline  
Old 11-04-2009, 08:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: where it's really cold!
Model: 9650
OS: latest
PIN: pin me to the wall.
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 243
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Where is it?
Offline  
Old 11-04-2009, 09:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
piloso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Model: 8350i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Boostmobile
Posts: 29
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick chi-town View Post
Where is it?
You can grab from here....BlackBerry - BlackBerry Device Software
Offline  
Old 11-04-2009, 09:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: where it's really cold!
Model: 9650
OS: latest
PIN: pin me to the wall.
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 243
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

that link takes you to a 4.5 update... can you find a link to 4.6?
Offline  
Old 11-04-2009, 11:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
piloso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Model: 8350i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Boostmobile
Posts: 29
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick chi-town View Post
that link takes you to a 4.5 update... can you find a link to 4.6?
Just connect your phone to your pc, and click on the "update" buttom, it will find the OS 4.6.1.313 update.
Offline  
Old 11-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: where it's really cold!
Model: 9650
OS: latest
PIN: pin me to the wall.
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 243
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

ahh... I just got done putting my phone back together after having a rough upgrade to .294 above. Have you done this upgrage yet? Can you tell us what it fixes? I'm not sure i like .294, as it separates all of my DC contacts to the DC button on the left of the phone. I like having everything together in the address book.
Offline  
Old 11-04-2009, 02:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
piloso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Model: 8350i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Boostmobile
Posts: 29
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick chi-town View Post
ahh... I just got done putting my phone back together after having a rough upgrade to .294 above. Have you done this upgrage yet? Can you tell us what it fixes? I'm not sure i like .294, as it separates all of my DC contacts to the DC button on the left of the phone. I like having everything together in the address book.
That .294 is for Telus (Canada), .313 is for Nextel, and it's pretty much the same as .294, yes it does separate your DC contancts, adds the sms option, which I don't know why they added that, since we cannot thread sms with this 8350i, it can send sms to non-blackberry phones but messages come back as mms. Also, OS seems to be a bit faster, I think.
Offline  
Old 11-04-2009, 05:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Boost Mobile
Posts: 53
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Updated yesterday, took almost an hour. Had to reload service books and BB Weather. Everything is OK.
Offline  
Old 11-04-2009, 07:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Model: 8350i
OS: 4.6.1.313
PIN: Ask For
Carrier: nextel
Posts: 15
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I upgraded before yesterday, no many changes, after that i noticed today that i had some txt that never were delivery to my phone in the last 2 days.... also in the (normal) active profile some time pop out the icon that means the bb is no ringing, but rings as supposed to do it... weird not?
If i still having issues wit the txt i might downgrade to the old SOS
Offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 08:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: where it's really cold!
Model: 9650
OS: latest
PIN: pin me to the wall.
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 243
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

is anyone having problems with their address book? I am on a BES and my address book on the phone says desktop, which means its syncing with just my outlook. In other words, not all of my DC and other contacts are there... Also, when I just start typing the first few letters of a persons name from the home screen, it wont find names that are I know are in my address book. Anyone?
Offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 07:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
painpour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Columbus, OH
Model: 9650
OS: 5.0.0.621
PIN: 321859CA
Carrier: SPRINT
Posts: 65
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by piloso View Post
That .294 is for Telus (Canada), .313 is for Nextel, and it's pretty much the same as .294, yes it does separate your DC contancts, adds the sms option, which I don't know why they added that, since we cannot thread sms with this 8350i, it can send sms to non-blackberry phones but messages come back as mms. Also, OS seems to be a bit faster, I think.
Odd, I upgraded to .313 but no option for SMS still just MMS.
Offline  
Old 11-06-2009, 06:27 AM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Model: 8350i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Nextel
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I am having the same issues as rick chi-town. I have traced it to Blackberry Messenger. I noticed that all of the contacts that are out of order are at the top of my contact list and are BBM contacts also. After rebooting the phone, I noticed that all the contacts are in order. But if I open Messenger, I see that all of my contacts don't have their associated picture next to the contacts. Then all of the pictures start to populate, then I switch back to my contact list, and those contacts are back out of order, and the search function is not working. I tried unistalling Messenger, and everything was fine. Reinstalled. Same problem.

Anybody figure this out yet??
Offline  
Old 11-06-2009, 11:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: where it's really cold!
Model: 9650
OS: latest
PIN: pin me to the wall.
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 243
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckvanover View Post
I am having the same issues as rick chi-town. I have traced it to Blackberry Messenger. I noticed that all of the contacts that are out of order are at the top of my contact list and are BBM contacts also. After rebooting the phone, I noticed that all the contacts are in order. But if I open Messenger, I see that all of my contacts don't have their associated picture next to the contacts. Then all of the pictures start to populate, then I switch back to my contact list, and those contacts are back out of order, and the search function is not working. I tried unistalling Messenger, and everything was fine. Reinstalled. Same problem.

Anybody figure this out yet??
Hey chuck... have u figured this out yet? And it just started happening with mine with this latest OS update?
Offline  
Old 11-06-2009, 11:29 AM   #14 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: where it's really cold!
Model: 9650
OS: latest
PIN: pin me to the wall.
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 243
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

why hasn't this been stickied at the top?
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.