Latest OS: 8320 188.8.131.523/184.108.40.206 (Multilanguage)
BlackBerry Handheld Software v220.127.116.113 (Multilanguage)
Package Version: 18.104.22.1683
* Applications: 22.214.171.124
* Software Platform: 126.96.36.199
* File name: 8320M_PBr4.5.0_rel313_PL188.8.131.52_A184.108.40.206_AMX__ _Claro_Panama.exe
* File size: 92.6MB
Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.
* Download Software: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...F9C10EA8D1D3B0
This download will work on ANY carrier's 8320 model BB. (Not 8300, 8310, 8330, or 8350i)
1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded. (Vista users be sure to right click on the .exe file and select "Run As Adminstrator.")
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Vista/Win7 users: In the apploader folder, simply click on "Compatibility files" to see the actual Vendor.xml file. Once you've got that - simply delete the vendor.xml file there (even if you've deleted or think you've deleted it in the folder previously) and voila, it will allow you to update to the newly installed OS!
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.
Previous OS version here: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ilanguage.html
what's new in it than 182?
Thanks again Raptor
I'll be loading this later today.
I had UMA call problems with the last couple versions. Not phone resets like used to happen with 4.2 but some dropped UMA calls then a frozen phone for a little while. This OS version seems way more stable. I keep expecting the phone to drop UMA calls, but it hasn't yet in the last several weeks. It could just be luck at this point, but after years of less than ideal stability, maybe this is the one.
Well, i've updated my BB 8320 to V.220.127.116.11 yesterday. I've noticed that my Trackball light isnt working.I don know why. Another problem is that, i've set a wallpaper but when somebody receive my call or i received any call from others the wallpaper vanishes & it shows T-mobile's default Blue wallpaper. Help me guys!!!!
How's it goin with this new update for you guys...anything new or different ?
much better memory management here
Installed about an hour ago. Had UMA dropped call issues, hopefully this'll help.
The update is in spanish is that ok ??
Its from a Spanish from carrier, but this is also a Multilanguage update
bonjour.. just one simply question..
a. so can 8320 goes to 4.6 os
No - the 8320 can only go to 4.5
OK .. thanks..
so there's no hope for my 8320 to more accelerated more ...
E-mail problem after upgrade....
I have gone through every OS upgrade since I bought my 8320 in June of 2008 with absolutely no problems whatsoever. Just have one minor issue now....
I upgraded using this link last night and now, when I receive an e-mail to one of my two Windows Live accounts (email@example.com), I press Delete and the message disappears immediately without asking if I want to delete on server and handheld or on handheld only. With my Gmail account, I still get this option.
I updated my two Live accounts just to make sure that wasn't the issue, but now I'm stumped. Help?
I have the 18.104.22.168 OS w/a 22.214.171.124 Platform, is this the highest it goes for the 8320? or is there a more current upgrade available?
You're looking at the most current OS version available here. 81 is a bit older. But if it's working for you, there's no reason to upgrade.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Why isnt there an update to so 5 for the curve 8320? is it an old model?
I wonder why there is a new update for other curve models and not for the 8320? What is the difference between the 8330 and the 8320? I want to upgrade my so to 5.0.... is there any chance I can do it?
8320 is a GSM device, whereas the 8330 is not.
It's unlikely the 8300 series of Curves will ever see OS 5.0. I believe the main issue is due to our device's smaller memory capacity.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.