BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8300-series-discussion-curve/)
-   -   BB 8350 email notification disappeared (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8300-series-discussion-curve/229625-bb-8350-email-notification-disappeared.html)

intcon 06-26-2010 12:47 PM

BB 8350 email notification disappeared
 
Hello! I reformatted my BB on Monday, and reinstalled it from backup. Before that, when I'd get an email notification, the LED would flash red and a tone would sound. Now, nothing. I have it set up correctly, and even took it to the store today to see if they could figure it out. All other sounds/notifications work fine, except for email. I've reset the battery twice. OS v. 5.0.0.337. Texting brings a tone and a flashing LED, only the email does not.

Any thoughts?

thanks!

carrie

Motorcycle Mama 06-26-2010 12:54 PM

What is set for the email address in your Active Sound Profile?
Have you tried changing the settings?
Are you receiving the email message itself correctly?
Are you getting the new message alert icon at the top of the screen?
Have you changed themes?

intcon 06-26-2010 01:09 PM

The email sound profile is ringtone alarm anelope, volume 6, count1, play sound always, LED on, vibration off, and when i click try it it works fine.
yup, I've changed them a lot. =)
receiving email messages fine.
i get the new message alert, just no LED or sound.
i'm using the same theme as before the reboot, precision zen, which i believe comes with the bberry...i haven't downloaded anything new that way.

carrie

Motorcycle Mama 06-26-2010 02:53 PM

Try a different ringtone.

Try creating a Custom Profile and see if it works with that.

Try another battery pull.


As an aside, the term "reformat" is not typically used with BlackBerry devices.

intcon 06-26-2010 03:03 PM

tried another battery pull, no go.

tried about 15 different ringtones including ones i've uploaded to the media card. no go. also no LED.

custom profile - sorry, not sure how to do that!

sorry, which phrase is used instead of reformat? i'm a computer girl, not a bberry girl - yet! =)

carrie

MidnightDraven 06-26-2010 03:33 PM

Am I being dense? I cannot find the OP using the word "reformat" anywhere in the first 2 posts.

Motorcycle Mama 06-26-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidnightDraven (Post 1622753)
Am I being dense? I cannot find the OP using the word "reformat" anywhere in the first 2 posts.

If we are voting, then I vote for being dense! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by intcon (Post 1622707)
Hello! I reformatted my BB on Monday, and reinstalled it from backup.


Motorcycle Mama 06-26-2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intcon (Post 1622746)
tried another battery pull, no go.

tried about 15 different ringtones including ones i've uploaded to the media card. no go. also no LED.

custom profile - sorry, not sure how to do that!

Go to your Sound Profiles.
Click on Edit Profiles.
Click on Add Custom Profile.

Quote:

sorry, which phrase is used instead of reformat? i'm a computer girl, not a bberry girl - yet! =)
Well, it depends upon what you did.

Presumably, you loaded or reloaded the device OS and perhaps wiped the device first or somewhere in the process.

??

intcon 06-26-2010 04:01 PM

I was playing with different settings on the phone (hey, everyone says just play with it! it can't hurt!) and the next thing I knew I was locked out. kept asking for password. So, I put in my password. No go. The repair guy said he could figure it out, but not until Wednesday. With a new grandbaby born on Monday, I couldn't wait, so I did the password 10 times, it wiped and I reloaded. Since then, no email ringtone or LED and I also lost the ability to reply to en email message, but thought I'd bring that up in a different thread. =)

I added a custom profile - no go. sorry....possibly something is corrupt?

carrie

MidnightDraven 06-26-2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama (Post 1622758)
If we are voting, then I vote for being dense! ;)

Thanks MM, ironically I skipped right over the beginning hi and read only the "interesting" bits lol

Motorcycle Mama 06-26-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intcon (Post 1622765)
I was playing with different settings on the phone (hey, everyone says just play with it! it can't hurt!) and the next thing I knew I was locked out. kept asking for password. So, I put in my password. No go. The repair guy said he could figure it out, but not until Wednesday. With a new grandbaby born on Monday, I couldn't wait, so I did the password 10 times, it wiped and I reloaded. Since then, no email ringtone or LED and I also lost the ability to reply to en email message, but thought I'd bring that up in a different thread. =)

I added a custom profile - no go. sorry....possibly something is corrupt?

carrie

Ah, now maybe we are getting to the meat of the matter.

Try resending you Service Books.

Go to your Email Settings icon.
Log in. (If you do not know the username and password, you will need to call your service provider/carrier and have them reset them for you.)
Once you are logged in, press the Menu buttons and select Service Books.
Click on Send Service Books.

intcon 06-27-2010 12:21 PM

Thanks Motorcycle Mama....sorry I disappeared yesterday, massive thunderstorms.

It worked! =) thank you so much! sorry, I didn't realize the two incidents were connected!

Appreciate your sticking with me on this, many thanks!

carrie


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.