I have a user with an 8300. We'll call her Sue. Sue has a hotmail and a BES account configured on the device. When she sends an email from hotmail.com to her business email address, it arrives at the BlackBerry with the wrong sender's address. Instead of the sender being "Sue@hotmail.com", it's the name of one of her contacts, we'll call him Joe. If we open Outlook, we see the email is from
, but on the BlackBerry it's from
I deleted Joe from the address book on the BlackBerry and we resent the email from Sue's hotmail account. It came through with the proper sender's address. So then I added Joe back into the BlackBerry with just his name and email address. We sent an email, and the sender reverts back to Joe.
So then I went back into the address book and changed Joe's name and email address. Sent another email - and the email still has Joe's name as the sender. I cannot find any aliases connecting Joe's email and Sue's in her contacts, but certainly something on the BlackBerry device must be causing this.