Originally Posted by devnull
Buy a new phone and be more careful with the next one.
Sadly I must agree with devnull, you are probably out-of-luck.
The only thing you might try first before shelling out $$$ for a new handheld is to install a new battery. I haev heard of batteries loosing their ability to keep a charge after sharp impacts like being dropped. If you know someone with the same type of battery try installing theirs and see if it works.
I had the same reaction when I spilled a glass of water on my 8300. After sitting open for almost a year it finally started working again (knock on wood). Hopefully you will have some luck. Sorry!