10-10-2010, 01:45 PM
Join Date: Oct 2010
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | NewBBie on forums
Please Login to Remove!
Hey there. Just found these forums on a search. Got a BB yesterday. My dad upgraded and my old phone (Samsung Jack) wouldn't do what I needed for work. So I got the Crackberry, first time having a BB, and a few items that I can't figure out:
1. Adding my e-mail account:
Read the manual and when I go through the setup wizard I only get two options where the manual shows three options. Naturally, the missing option is the one to add another e-mail (up to 10). Not sure where to go here. A search mentioned doing a wipe and then said "Not recommended"...lol.
2. Flashing green power light...any way to turn that thing off? I use the phone for my alarm as well and that light is bright at night.
3. Web Browser: In the apps, I selected Show All so even hidden apps are shown. In the manual is says there is Media Net and Browser but Browser is not showing up on the app page. When I go to Media Net I can search for Yahoo and other sites, but get an error on many sites I attempt to go to saying the pages are not supported. Now, from the main app page on the phone, I can Menu/Switch Application and I get a pop up with PTT, Home, Messages and Browser however when I select that Browser it opens up as Media Net Home page...so it's not the web browser for web pages that the manual refers to.
4. Any easy way to delete all my dads contacts in the address book without going through each one individually? The Setup Wizard imported mine from my sim card but he has hundreds that were stored in the phone I guess.
5. Is there an app or program for AIM?