BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8300-series-discussion-curve/)
-   -   Medianet Issue? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8300-series-discussion-curve/79777-medianet-issue.html)

OMS 06-05-2007 07:21 PM

Medianet Issue?
 
just got the phone love it

only issue is when i try to look at new themes or look at music/media net, says:

'unable to connec to the internet, please try again later. if the problem persists please contact your service provider'

my browser works perfectly too...is this cause its so new? thanks

OMS 06-05-2007 07:41 PM

anyone? i cant browse for new graphics, games etc..so clearly its medianet, just wanna know is anyone else is having this issue

NJBlackBerry 06-05-2007 07:50 PM

Waiting a whole 20 minutes between posts...
Sorry, not on Cingular.

OMS 06-05-2007 07:51 PM

yeah, i really like you too

junior1790 06-05-2007 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry (Post 558279)
Waiting a whole 20 minutes between posts...
Sorry, not on Cingular.

Very typical answer...

OMS 06-06-2007 01:08 AM

anyone? at least just someone tell me if they are having a similar issue/when to expect it to start working to save me the trip to the ATT Store...thanks

NJBlackBerry 06-06-2007 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junior1790 (Post 558296)
Very typical answer...

What's your point?

fredhipp 06-06-2007 07:10 AM

I have the same problem with Media Net on my 8300 and get same error message. Internet Browser works fine.

lgreenberg 06-06-2007 07:36 AM

I just tried my "Media Net" browser on the Curve for the first time (always use the other browser) and it worked fine.

Not sure what the difference could be. Have you tried resending your service books from the Cingular BIS web site?

Dawg 06-06-2007 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry (Post 558656)
What's your point?

have you turned synical again lol

junior1790 06-06-2007 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry (Post 558656)
What's your point?

My point is your quick to chastize people when in fact you have the answers to most questions. It was a little quick to repost but the guy is excited about his new berry, whatya gonna do!!! Spread the knowledge!!!!!

MiamiBerry 06-06-2007 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredhipp (Post 558681)
I have the same problem with Media Net on my 8300 and get same error message. Internet Browser works fine.

Same here, re-sent service books, still have the issue: "Unable to connect to the Internet, please try again later".
Browsing the internet works fine however.

fredhipp 06-06-2007 04:52 PM

I tried the service books as well, but still no Media Net. And, no themes, music applications, etc., which are all tied to Media Net. Anyone have any help on this? OS, phone or network problem?

OMS 06-06-2007 05:34 PM

just went to cingular, got it fixed:

it had to do with the fact that my sim card was not registered with this new phone..once they did that and worked on some other stuff (i have a friend whose a customer service rep there, he called and helped me out) it all worked fine..and im good now.

fredhipp 06-06-2007 06:27 PM

Thanks, that did it. I had just transferred the sim card from my 8700. Once they updated the card information and reprovisioned, everything worked great.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.