BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2007, 09:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: "The New" AT&T\Old Cingular (previously had T-Mobile)
Posts: 110
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Weather application with motion radar display?

Please Login to Remove!

Does anyone know of an application that supports full motion radar display in which is compatible with the Curve? I know this has been asked and answered in other forums as to the first half, but I'm specifically looking for one for the Curve and I know video\complex apps have some screen resolution issues so I'm looking for someone with experience or who knows of one that for sure works.

Thanks!
Offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 09:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
bbcurve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 46
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Here You Go...

On your desktop computer, go to:

Weather Underground (Mobile)

- Type in your zip code

- Click on the upper middle "Radar" link at the top of the page

- Click on the "Zoom into animated radar image" which is the second link under the pic

Copy the URL of the website you are now at from your browser's address bar

Make an e-mail to yourself and send it so that you get the URL on an e-mail in your BlackBerry

Click on the link in the e-mail on your BB so that it loads on the handheld web browser

Add it as a link in bookmarks



If you are using the Firefox web browser on your desktop computer, follow this additional step after the place where I stopped hyphenating above:

- On the larger animated radar that appears, RIGHT click on it and select "View Image"

- Copy THIS URL in the address bar and e-mail it to yourself as this is just the map and will fit to your screen nicer than the whole web page
Offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 10:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 25
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

That is sweet!!!
Offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 10:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: "The New" AT&T\Old Cingular (previously had T-Mobile)
Posts: 110
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcurve View Post
On your desktop computer, go to:

Weather Underground (Mobile)

- Type in your zip code

- Click on the upper middle "Radar" link at the top of the page

- Click on the "Zoom into animated radar image" which is the second link under the pic

Copy the URL of the website you are now at from your browser's address bar

Make an e-mail to yourself and send it so that you get the URL on an e-mail in your BlackBerry

Click on the link in the e-mail on your BB so that it loads on the handheld web browser

Add it as a link in bookmarks



If you are using the Firefox web browser on your desktop computer, follow this additional step after the place where I stopped hyphenating above:

- On the larger animated radar that appears, RIGHT click on it and select "View Image"

- Copy THIS URL in the address bar and e-mail it to yourself as this is just the map and will fit to your screen nicer than the whole web page

Very nice tip on the animated maps... no need for an app. Good contribution to the forum!
Offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 11:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
zachberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Addison TX
Model: 8820
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 91
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abell View Post
Very nice tip on the animated maps... no need for an app. Good contribution to the forum!
if you are a weather nerd this is the only site that allows you to check Raw METAR report, Max Reflex, and if you check the non-animated radar you can enable storm track and each hash marks equals 20 minute intervals...also if you sign up for $10 a year you can get e-mail alarts when NOAA issues weather alerts
__________________
Disclaimer: I am in sales
Offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 11:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 13,962
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

man thats a freakin awesome site
Offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 12:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
2 Samuel 22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Back Forty
Model: 96xx
OS: O+
PIN: Firing
Carrier: Southern Bell, PrimeCo, Omnipoint, United Telecom
Posts: 426
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I use Beyond411 (Berry411) to access Weather Underground (Mobile). I find it easier because you just pick the weathergov plugin from the menu and it uses your pre-defined zip code.

Beyond411 Local Search for the RIM Blackberry Boglexxx8217;s Blog

For OTA installation:
http://thebogles.com/b411.jad

Add weathergov as a plugin and you are all set.
Offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 12:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
greggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FLorida
Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,762
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have used the WeatherUnderGround site for moving NexRad radar images for a few years and it comes in quite handy
Offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 12:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Brooklyn NY
Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 52
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

PDA Weather Products

this one i use has so much to offer and it is great on the curve.
Offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 12:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 13,962
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by msarway View Post
PDA Weather Products

this one i use has so much to offer and it is great on the curve.
I am going to try this one out as well looks pretty cool
Offline  
Old 06-13-2007, 02:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Metro Atlanta, Georgia
Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 193
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Mobile Radar is not working on my 8800.

I am using the Internet Browser, It worked on my 8700 and I am not sure what should be checked and what should not be checked for it to work. I also have the repeat animations set to 100.

Please assist.

Thank you.
Offline  
Old 07-06-2007, 02:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
holden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida Sunshine
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.296
PIN: TOFJAGER
Carrier: Cingular-AT&T-Verizon-Nextel
Posts: 1,046
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Post 8800 is working...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phone_caller View Post
Mobile Radar is not working on my 8800.

I am using the Internet Browser, It worked on my 8700 and I am not sure what should be checked and what should not be checked for it to work. I also have the repeat animations set to 100.

Please assist.

Thank you.
Hi, I use the 8800 and Weather Underground.
Emulation is IE.
Support JavaScript
Support HTML Tables
Use Foreground and Background Colors
Support Style Sheets

The page comes in and zooms the entire page and left justifies. I have not figured out how to get full screen like my 8700 or 7290.?? I will try adjusting emulation to BB Browser and see what happens... Animation is working but is a bit hard to see due to scale.

Cheers....
__________________
hmeister...
nettech
Offline  
Old 07-06-2007, 04:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philly Area
Model: 8900
Carrier: TMO
Posts: 302
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I've just used AccuWeather and their motion maps with the BB Browser.
Offline  
Old 07-06-2007, 06:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
BlackBerryFAQ.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: TorontO
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.246
PIN: 2322E11D
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 471
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Great site man.. just wish it gave an animated image for Canada...
__________________
Blackberry Torch 9800
PIN #: 2322E11D
O/S: 6.0.0.246
Offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 06:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
dianahufmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: West Virginia
Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 18
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I also use AccuWeather and find it to be a great program.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.