BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2007, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
gadgetjunkies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ohio
Model: 8820
PIN: Depends which BB I am using
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 328
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Camera ?

Please Login to Remove!

I'm hoping this is a simple fix. When taking a picture with the camera I get black columns on each side of the picture. It's like watching a SD television show on my 60" Sony HDTV. I played some golf today and took a picture of the fairway and wanted to use it as my wallpaper but it didn't fit the entire screen. Is this normal?
Offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 11:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
gadgetjunkies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ohio
Model: 8820
PIN: Depends which BB I am using
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 328
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ok 28 views and no response. I have to be doing something wrong. This cannot be normal. Shouldn't the picture fill the screen?
Offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 11:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SLC, UT
Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 43
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Did you check the 'full screen' option from the menu in the camera app?
Offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 11:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 30
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetjunkies View Post
Ok 28 views and no response. I have to be doing something wrong. This cannot be normal. Shouldn't the picture fill the screen?
Yeah. Hrm. My images (when copied over to the computer) do not have sidebars. Obviously, when viewing on the BB there are sidebars (unless you switch to fullscreen mode).
Offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 07:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
greggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FLorida
Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,762
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetjunkies View Post
I'm hoping this is a simple fix. When taking a picture with the camera I get black columns on each side of the picture. It's like watching a SD television show on my 60" Sony HDTV. I played some golf today and took a picture of the fairway and wanted to use it as my wallpaper but it didn't fit the entire screen. Is this normal?
Yes it is normal
You are talking 16:9 vs Blackberry 8300. Give it a break. The 8300 image is not high def 16:9 format, it is closet to being square. If you could force it to cover the whole width of your Sony you would cut off the top and the bottom.
Offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 08:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: miami
Model: 8300
Carrier: att
Posts: 26
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default edit pic

I think you can open the pic and zoom in a bit, then choose to use that new image as the background. It's not ideal but its what I usually do
Offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 08:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
gadgetjunkies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ohio
Model: 8820
PIN: Depends which BB I am using
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 328
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
Yes it is normal
You are talking 16:9 vs Blackberry 8300. Give it a break. The 8300 image is not high def 16:9 format, it is closet to being square. If you could force it to cover the whole width of your Sony you would cut off the top and the bottom.
I'm not trying to view my pics on my Sony. I simply asked if there was a way to have the BB picture fit the entire screen.

Thanks ut james, that's what I was referring to.
Offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 08:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
greggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FLorida
Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,762
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetjunkies View Post
I'm not trying to view my pics on my Sony. I simply asked if there was a way to have the BB picture fit the entire screen.

Thanks ut james, that's what I was referring to.
How does it look, forced to full screen? I do not see how it can do it without cutting the top and bottom of the image off.

Unless it "stretches" the image!
Offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 08:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
gadgetjunkies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ohio
Model: 8820
PIN: Depends which BB I am using
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 328
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
How does it look, forced to full screen? I do not see how it can do it without cutting the top and bottom of the image off.

Unless it "stretches" the image!
It is very minimal. I just took a picture of my door frame to my office to have a good line reference and it cut very little off the top and bottom. Actually looks decent.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.