Originally Posted by Airmark1
This happened to me me. This is my theory.
I am on a 8300 ATT - BIS
When I create appointments, I usually end up "inviting" my my wife so that she can see my schedule. For whatever reason, AOL was my default "send meeting request using" email address. I was able to change it to gmail or whatever when I made that appointment, but AOL was the default.
One day, i finally decided to get ride of AOL account. I did this via my BB online.
As soon as deleted the AOL account, every appointment that I had set up without inviting using a different email account had this "appointment deleted externally" issue. Ones that I had sent with invite and even ones ones that I had not! ALL of them were jacked. NOT GOOD.
So, when making an appointment, I wonder if there is a hidden "tag" that gets attached to appointments. Delete an email account, and you confuse the BB.
Happily, my default Invite Sending email address is now my gmail account. When I invite people, my appointments automatically get copied to my Google Calendar. Pretty cool.
Anywho, I am wondering since
I've seen this problem as well, but my situation is a little different.
I've never sent an e-mail from a calendar item.
My calendar seemed to be working correctly until I tried setting up an e-mail account (connection to existing earthlink account). Having the e-mail account setup made my BB seem very sluggish, so I deleted it. It was after this that I noticed all my appointments had this "deleted" problem. I popped the battery and rebooted, and then all appointments were gone!
So, I restored them from a recent backup, but had no idea what caused the issue. Then I saw this thread and tried an experiment. I set up the e-mail again. The act of setting it up this time caused all appointments to be duplicated in my day view! One copy had the "deleted" behavior, and the other copy seemed normal. So, I deleted the e-mail account. Still had duplicates. Rebooted the BB, and now all duplicate items are "valid". Not sure what happened.
I've got an 8310 running 220.127.116.11.
Seems there is an issue with setting up e-mail. I'm using BIS, not BES. Not only does the e-mail setup seem to corrupt the calendar database, it makes the BB run very sluggishly. (I've got ~19Mb free, no SD card.)