BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8300-series-discussion-curve/)
-   -   Help with MAC OSX (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8300-series-discussion-curve/82205-help-mac-osx.html)

hydrotaj 06-19-2007 08:38 PM

Help with MAC OSX
 
Hi,

i jsut got a blackberry cruve, and i downloaded pocketmac from the blackberry website. it seems to sync fine with ical and mail but how do i send music and videos to the device, i cannot use the apple bluetooth application because it says the device does not support it.
any help?
thanks

Perfect Storm 06-19-2007 08:45 PM

Options -> Media Card -> Mass Storage Support Mode = On

It should show up now as a flash drive. Just place the videos/music/pictures in their corresponding folders and you're good to go.

hydrotaj 06-19-2007 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfect Storm (Post 574377)
Options -> Media Card -> Mass Storage Support Mode = On

It should show up now as a flash drive. Just place the videos/music/pictures in their corresponding folders and you're good to go.

So do i have to have a media card in the phone? the phone itself doesnt show up on as a flash drive?

zGuy 06-19-2007 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrotaj (Post 574379)
So do i have to have a media card in the phone? the phone itself doesnt show up on as a flash drive?

Most likely, since that is the case with the Pearl.

junior1790 06-19-2007 09:21 PM

I believe you do since the curve only has i believe 12mb of internal storage. Also bluetooth transfer is possible, go into media>pictures or music> then press the blackberry button and select receive using bluetooth> then send the file via bluetooth...

That70sGAdawg 06-19-2007 09:46 PM

I tried PocketMac a while, as it was free/donation, but never got consistant syncs and some duplicates. The included notes program never synced.
Paid for Missing Sync and it works great with the Pearl. To sync music, you enable mass storage mode when prompted- and sync selected playlists right from iTunes. I have a 4GB sandisk card about half full.

Mac and Blackberry - Great Combo & Stickin it to the ...:x

hydrotaj 06-19-2007 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junior1790 (Post 574400)
I believe you do since the curve only has i believe 12mb of internal storage. Also bluetooth transfer is possible, go into media>pictures or music> then press the blackberry button and select receive using bluetooth> then send the file via bluetooth...

Tried that, however, it keep ssaying the file sending failed!

hydrotaj 06-19-2007 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That70sGAdawg (Post 574425)
I tried PocketMac a while, as it was free/donation, but never got consistant syncs and some duplicates. The included notes program never synced.
Paid for Missing Sync and it works great with the Pearl. To sync music, you enable mass storage mode when prompted- and sync selected playlists right from iTunes. I have a 4GB sandisk card about half full.

Mac and Blackberry - Great Combo & Stickin it to the ...:x



how do you sync itunes music through bluetooth? do you recommend getting the missing sync application?

inthebiz 06-21-2007 04:33 PM

Hi

I have a macbook pro and a pearl. I have never had a problem syncing apples mail, ical etc. Until now. The phone powers off when the program goes to sync the cal. I have reinstalled the software and bought a new phone. Both have not fixed the problem.

Any answers?

Thanks Marc

can you email the answer to me?

[email address]

That70sGAdawg 06-21-2007 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrotaj (Post 574517)
how do you sync itunes music through bluetooth? do you recommend getting the missing sync application?

I sync with a USB cable, not Bluetooth.

stewsan 06-22-2007 07:21 AM

Yup, use the cable......


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.