Originally Posted by flash24
ok so what i did is I swap net_rim_bb_sbinjector_lib.cod o2 to the new voda and nothing happened... I run DM and no upgrade prompt.
I deleted all service book, reboot, then resend. Still no luck
If you didn't get the upgrade prompt, it never loaded the new file to your Curve. We now know that the DM doesn't look at the COD files to see what's different. My guess is that it only looks at ALX's, and then compares version numbers that they describe. Based on this, it will decide whether a change is pending.
Another thought - and this is going to be a tedious process, but it would get the file on the BB:
1) uninstall the current version of the BB OS from the PC
2) install a different version (e.g., O2), with a different version number, on the PC
3) connect the BB and load the OS into the BB
4) disconnect the BB from the PC
5) save a copy of the SBInjector file from O2 in another directory
6) uninstall the O2 OS from the PC
7) install the latest BB OS onto the PC
8) now, before connecting the BB to the PC, replace the SBInjector file on the PC with the one from the O2 OS that you held off to the side
9) NOW, plug the BB into the PC again and run DM again - it should prompt to install this new OS -- and since the O2 SBInjector file from O2 is part of it now, this should be loaded into the BB as well