BlackBerry® Curve(TM) 8520 Smartphone
BlackBerry Handheld Software v126.96.36.1991
Package Version: 188.8.131.521
* Applications: 184.108.40.2064
* Software Platform: 220.127.116.11
Download the Multilanguage OS
* File name: 8520wifiM_PBr4.6.1_rel411_PL18.104.22.168_A22.214.171.1244_B ouygues.exe
* File size: 116.41MB https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...43CD802642223D
Download the All Languages OS
File name: 8520wifijAllLang_PBr4.6.1_rel411_PL126.96.36.199_A4.6. 1.274_Telefonica.exe
File size: 133.59MB https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...9E92D324F56DE0
Instructions to install, regardless of carrier.
1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.
Previous OS version: Latest OS: Curve 8520 188.8.131.52/184.108.40.2062 Multilanguage & East Asia Thanks, Bolin