First things first - I am a newbie here and to bb. So, begging pardons in advance if I seem to be doing some 'silly' mistakes.
I have scoured tons of internet material including this forum and others as well as bb's own site and have gone through the documentations. Have become something of someone whom my friends approach to setup their e-mails on their bb.
Sad part is I am not able to get my work e-mail setup on mine
To put it in a nut's shell,
1. I am trying to setup my work e-mail OWA on my bb
2. Trying this through my operator's website (tried it on my bb - i am yet to get used to the keypad, so my laptop to the rescue)
3. My company IT guys told me that they will not disclose the POP/IMAP port numbers - hence was forced to go the other way. Tried the auto-forward to private mail option as well - blimey! our IT guys are so paranoid they have blocked this too.
4. Could not wiggle out the IP address of the OWA from the IT team - finally, me dumb wit, found it on the OWA page itself. Below are the details.
Mailbox owner: FName, LName [LName.FName@mydomain.com]
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; MS-RTC LM 8)
Outlook Web Access experience: Premium
User language: English (United Kingdom)
User time zone: (GMT+05:30) Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi
Exchange mailbox address: /o=mydomain/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=LName.FName
Outlook Web Access host address: https://hostaddress.mydomainname.com/owa
Outlook Web Access version: 184.108.40.206
Outlook Web Access Proxy Host Address: https://proxyaddress.mydomainname.com/owa
Proxy Outlook Web Access version: 220.127.116.11
Proxy server name: hostaddress.mydomainname.com
Client Access server name: HOSTADDRESS.MYDOMAINNAME.COM
Exchange Client Access server .NET Framework version: 2.0.50727.926
Client Access server operating system version: Microsoft Windows NT 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2
Client Access server operating system language: en-US
Microsoft Exchange Client Access server version: 18.104.22.168
Client Access server language: en-US
Client Access server time zone: India Standard Time
Microsoft Exchange Client Access server platform: 64bit
Mailbox server name: MAILSERVER.MYDOMAINNAME.COM
Mailbox server Microsoft Exchange version: 22.214.171.124
Other Microsoft Exchange server roles currently installed on the Client Access server: Hub Transport
Authentication type associated with this Outlook Web Access session: Basic
Authentication type for Microsoft Exchange Client Access server to Client Access server proxy session: Negotiate
Public logon: No
5. Tried out the details on my laptop's internet browser and my bb's browser; they were working fine
6. Got the details from the KB05333 documentation and fed them in the page in order with details from 4 & 5 above
7. The moment I hit a 'Next' after I enter the details, the web site seemed to take offence and screamed back "Cannot connect to email server or invalid server name"
8. Checked the web again and tried various combinations (like http's' which I need to use) and so on - with the same disastrous result
After trying out for more than a week, I am this close to being desperate. Could some kind souls point me in the right direction please? Appreciate the help in advance
PS - My wife always tells me that brevity was never a strong point with me
- apologies for the long story