Software For BlackBerry® Curve(TM) 8530 Smartphone
from carrier Verizon this OS will load to any 8530 model
BlackBerry Handheld Software v22.214.171.1243 (Multilanguage)
Package Version: 126.96.36.1993
* Applications: 188.8.131.527
* Software Platform: 184.108.40.206
* File name: 8530AMEA_PBr5_1_.0.0_rel523_PL220.127.116.11_A18.104.22.1687 .exe
* File size 99.7mb
Download the OS here: http://appstore.vzw.com.edgesuite.ne...A22.214.171.1247.exe
Instructions to install, regardless of carrier.
1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.