OS: 8520 188.8.131.520/184.108.40.2068 (Multilanguage)
BlackBerry Handheld Software v220.127.116.110 (Multilanguage)
Package Version: 18.104.22.1680
* Applications: 22.214.171.1248
* Software Platform: 126.96.36.199
* File name: 8520wifiM_PBr4.6.1_rel470_PL188.8.131.52_A184.108.40.2068_E _Plus.exe
* File size: 117.79MB
Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.
* Download Software: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BEA8460AA8F8E5
Instructions to install, regardless of carrier.
1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Vista/Win7 users: In the apploader folder, simply click on "Compatibility files" to see the actual Vendor.xml file. Once you've got that - simply delete the vendor.xml file there (even if you've deleted or think you've deleted it in the folder previously) and voila, it will allow you to update to the newly installed OS!
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.
Previous OS here: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ilanguage.html
jsut finished with the upgrade. No problems so far, will report back if i notice any differences/problems
Anyone got some info when its being relesead OS 5 for 8520?
All my friends with bold and storm keeps showing off they're freshly OS 5 and I keep stuck with this $#% OS 4.6 :P
No idea on the OS 5 release date.
So, I will ask the question: What improvements, or ne3w features are in this upgrade?
After upgrade my TrackPad stopped working. Anyone seen this issue? I am going back to the latest 4.x.
First of all, thanks for the instructions, really appreciate it.
Unfortunately it didn't work, because Windows somehow doesn't display the aforementioned Compatibility files. How can you find them?
Sorry, posted it on the wrong post... really sorry :(
does this "Multilanguage" OS include Chinese??
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.