OS: 8520 18.104.22.1688/22.214.171.1241 (East Asia + English)
BlackBerry Handheld Software v126.96.36.1998 (EastAsia)
Package Version: 188.8.131.528
* Applications: 184.108.40.2061
* Software Platform: 220.127.116.11
* File name: 8520wifijEastAsia_PBr5.0.0_rel1168_PL18.104.22.168_A5.0 .0.681_Singapore_Telecom_Mobile_Pte_Ltd.exe
* File size: 116.41MB
Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.
* Download Software: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...3314DF2B3CB9CE
Instructions to install, regardless of carrier.
1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Vista/Win7 users: In the apploader folder, simply click on "Compatibility files" to see the actual Vendor.xml file. Once you've got that - simply delete the vendor.xml file there (even if you've deleted or think you've deleted it in the folder previously) and voila, it will allow you to update to the newly installed OS!
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.
Previous OS here: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ilanguage.html
Installed. Could not find it any different from v22.214.171.1244
Observed that this is not sticky yet...
Installed, will post findings after a week or so. Already noticed that battery pull drains battery by about 5%...
Apparently I can't edit my above post, after using "QuickPull" I am currently seeing 2 text messages as "unread," however, I have gone through all my texts and cannot find any unread texts. Is anyone else experiencing this or could this have been caused by something else on my blackberry?
I live in Dubai and have updated to version 4.6 last night. If I update to this latest version, would I lose Arabic font support?
PS: What are the advantages / disadvantages upgrading to this version from v4.6?
is it safe to update my blackberry ?
Is this a leaked or an official release?
when opening the file i get the error : Error reading setup initialization file
More review plz. I'm still using 8520/126.96.36.1992
What is the major changes of this new version?
Will It Work On Vodafone in India????
Having an interesting issue with this release on my wife's 8520: The message notification LED only works sometimes. Annoying for her.
evven i hav noticed that!!!!1
ever indicators r not responding to miss calls n all!!!
I have had no issues at all with this update,so far so good. Much better sound profile options!
THE Instaliation giving error that LOADER.EXE no disk drive found
I successfully installed this new OS over the older 4.5 version using the bbsak application. Backed-up everything using the Blackberry Desktop Manager and then wiped the memory clean with the app and installed the new OS. Needed to turn-on connection to mobile carrier (Fido - Canadian). but otherwise it works great. Keyboard lock icon is missing but I discovered that holding down "A" is the faster way to do it.
Sadly I lost all my virtual Texas Hold'em dollars so I now need to start at the loser table :P
Still can't figure out how to disable tones while dialling numbers.
i'm new with BB...i dont know how to upgrade my os... somebody please help me
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.