BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2010, 07:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default cannot connect to computer

Please Login to Remove!

I traded my iPhone for the Blackberry I have currently, and have not received any CD's with it. I have a Blackberry Curve 8520. I went on the internet and downloaded the Desktop Manager for Blackberry. Everytime I plug the USB into my Blackberry and then into the computer, it says that the device malfunctioned. It's becoming a very frustrating process. I want to put music onto my Blackberry but since I cannot get it to connect to my computer, it's becoming impossible. Help, please?
Offline  
Old 06-16-2010, 08:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
aiharkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Florida Panhandle
Model: Z10
OS: 10.2.1
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Posts: 13,720
Post Thanks: 15
Thanked 500 Times in 487 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted

If you are using a hub, or keyboard USB port or such, try a USB port on the computer itself. Do that and see if you can connect. Try different ports if you have to.
__________________
- Ira
Offline  
Old 06-16-2010, 08:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
BB-Tech support's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario
Model: 9790
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 162
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randid00 View Post
I traded my iPhone for the Blackberry I have currently, and have not received any CD's with it. I have a Blackberry Curve 8520. I went on the internet and downloaded the Desktop Manager for Blackberry. Everytime I plug the USB into my Blackberry and then into the computer, it says that the device malfunctioned. It's becoming a very frustrating process. I want to put music onto my Blackberry but since I cannot get it to connect to my computer, it's becoming impossible. Help, please?
go to device manager and see if blackberry smartphone is listed under USB controllers.
Also download and install device software for 8520 from carrier website (http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp)
then connect device and see if its reckognized
__________________
Someone who likes to help

Last edited by BB-Tech support : 06-16-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Offline  
Old 06-16-2010, 08:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB-Tech support View Post
go to device manager and see if blackberry smartphone is listed under USB controllers.
Also download and install device software for 8520 from carrier website (BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites)
then connect device and see if its reckognized
It will not allow me to do it through the Desktop Manager, it will say "Please ensure your device is connected" and since it will not connect to my laptop through the USB ports, I cannot. I will try the second option, thank you.
Offline  
Old 06-16-2010, 08:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
BB-Tech support's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario
Model: 9790
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 162
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randid00 View Post
It will not allow me to do it through the Desktop Manager, it will say "Please ensure your device is connected" and since it will not connect to my laptop through the USB ports, I cannot. I will try the second option, thank you.
I'm sorry, I meant
Device manager on computer not bb device manager.
Right click on computer or my computer and click on manage.
The on left side click on device manager and se under USB controllers.
Or if its anywhere listed as device with exclamation mark.
__________________
Someone who likes to help
Offline  
Old 06-16-2010, 09:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB-Tech support View Post
I'm sorry, I meant
Device manager on computer not bb device manager.
Right click on computer or my computer and click on manage.
The on left side click on device manager and se under USB controllers.
Or if its anywhere listed as device with exclamation mark.

doesn't recognize the device still. errrg
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.