Got mine today from Germany (courtesy of a very kind BB Forums member).
First impressions (as I can't set it up on our BES for a few days at least):
- Build is great. Not as hefty as the Bold and smaller (felt tiny and toy like having used the Bold for a few months!
) but solid, great design. Same size as the Curve, but sharper design all round.
- Screen is great. Pin sharp - smaller again than the Bold but excellent.
- Processor doesn't feel any slower than the Bold -this may be more apparent when multi-tasking.
- Camera is a great improvement simply for AF, if nothing else. It is slower, but that's entirely as a result of the AF working. Otherwise, better.
- Trackball is good - faster and responsive. Keypad is stiffer than the Bold, much more like the Curve.
- dedicated lock key and redesigned mute key very nice, and useful.
Really nice in the hand. That's all until I can get a chance to get it properly running. I can say though that if you're a fan of the Curve, and can do without 3G, you won't be disappointed.
Will check tonight whether it is compatible with the Curve charging stand or not.
EDIT: not compatible with the Curve charger - slightly different shape so the 8900 won't sit in the Curve cradle.