BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2009, 12:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile
Posts: 70
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default TMobile discontinued the $19.99 unlimited BB data plan?

Please Login to Remove!

I removed the $19.99 Blackberry Unlimited Add-on plan before I traveled out of the country for a couple of months. Today I decided to add it back. However, it seems that TMobile no longer offers that Unlimited Add-on plan on the T-Mobile US site. The one that they currently offer is $24.99 for unlimited web + 400 Messages (Text, MMS and Email). I understand the Text and MMS part. Now they start to charge email as well? This sucks.
Offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 01:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
flash24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Model: 9930
OS: 7.1
PIN: 3319688F
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 2,178
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

This would suck, good thing I'm locked with my plan ($59 a month 1000 min, unlimited text and data)
__________________
http://twitter.com/billydasco

Proud to Serve USAF
Offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 01:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Model: 8900
Carrier: t-mobile
Posts: 227
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinchao View Post
I removed the $19.99 Blackberry Unlimited Add-on plan before I traveled out of the country for a couple of months. Today I decided to add it back. However, it seems that TMobile no longer offers that Unlimited Add-on plan on the T-Mobile US site. The one that they currently offer is $24.99 for unlimited web + 400 Messages (Text, MMS and Email). I understand the Text and MMS part. Now they start to charge email as well? This sucks.

Isn't that then the same price, but with a $5.00 charge for adding 400 text messages? Where do they charge for e-mails?
Offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 01:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Latino Hasta La Muerte
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denville, NJ.
Model: 7250
OS: 4.1
PIN: G!!!
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 9,022
Post Thanks: 50
Thanked 303 Times in 291 Posts
Default

I believed they bumped it up to $24.99 as an add-on to a regular minutes plan. I think you have to call to get it as it's not listed on their site.
Offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 01:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile
Posts: 70
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

From the wording on T-Mobile site, it seems that, with this plan, email messages also count against the 400 message quota, so you don't get unlimited email. I wonder how this works though, not sure if it is possible for them to track how many emails are sent or received.

===================
BlackBerry Unlimited Web + 400 Messages $24.99/month*

Get unlimited Web access, bundled with any 400 domestic messages.
Includes:

* Unlimited Web access
* 400 domestic text, picture, e-mail, or instant messages
====================


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tixxx View Post
Isn't that then the same price, but with a $5.00 charge for adding 400 text messages? Where do they charge for e-mails?
Offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 01:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hawaii
Model: 8900
OS: 4.6.1.231
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 417
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

^ beat me to it....
It is indeed listed on their site. Its $24.99

the discription is misleading thou. it says Unlimited web and 400 mms/sms/email.....the email is not counted toward the 400 msgs. The email is still unlimited for up to 10 email addresses to the device!
__________________
Current Device
Blackberry 8900 Javelin
Previous Devices
Blackberry 8300 Curve (2 Faithful Years)
Blackberry 8100 Pearl (My 1st Love)
Offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 01:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Model: 8900
Carrier: t-mobile
Posts: 227
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CableGuy711 View Post
^ beat me to it....
It is indeed listed on their site. Its $24.99

the discription is misleading thou. it says Unlimited web and 400 mms/sms/email.....the email is not counted toward the 400 msgs. The email is still unlimited for up to 10 email addresses to the device!
Yeah, strange the put the word e-mail in there. I don't see it counting against my text plan ever.
Offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 01:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Latino Hasta La Muerte
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denville, NJ.
Model: 7250
OS: 4.1
PIN: G!!!
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 9,022
Post Thanks: 50
Thanked 303 Times in 291 Posts
Default

Email is unlimited, SMS/MMS messages are what the "400 messages" are all about. Email is covered 100% under the data plan and remains truly unlimited.
Offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 01:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile
Posts: 70
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I see. That's better. It is still a bit annoying though as I have the $20 unlimited family text plan. Now I have to pay $5 more for nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
Email is unlimited, SMS/MMS messages are what the "400 messages" are all about. Email is covered 100% under the data plan and remains truly unlimited.
Offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 02:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
ctibbsaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Model: 8900
OS: 5.0.0.190
Carrier: t-mobile
Posts: 194
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I am still on the $19.99 plan, so does the yahoo, BB messenger, Aol, Google talk etc count against the 400 texts? My mother in law just got a BB (and boy does it suck having her come over all the time for me to explain it to her UGGHHHHHH) and she has the $24.99 plan and so I am just curious.
__________________
"SEMPER FIDELIS"
Marines are an essential part of everyone's daily diet
Offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 03:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hawaii
Model: 8900
OS: 4.6.1.231
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 417
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

BB messenger = data

Google talk = data iirc

the OLD aim was sms, not sure about the new aim

BeeJive is what you should be using for IM =) IMHO of course
__________________
Current Device
Blackberry 8900 Javelin
Previous Devices
Blackberry 8300 Curve (2 Faithful Years)
Blackberry 8100 Pearl (My 1st Love)
Offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 03:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Model: 8900
Carrier: t-mobile
Posts: 227
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CableGuy711 View Post
BB messenger = data

Google talk = data iirc

the OLD aim was sms, not sure about the new aim

BeeJive is what you should be using for IM =) IMHO of course
Would agree that BeeJive is a nice solution.
Offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 03:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
John Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: Z30
OS: 10.2.1.x
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 34,667
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 84 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Yes, the wording of that is very stupid. I've mentioned it to some people at TMo and hopefully they will look at it.

They also did away with the $9.99 email only plan.
Offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 06:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
TXLady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX
Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 1,067
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinchao View Post
I see. That's better. It is still a bit annoying though as I have the $20 unlimited family text plan. Now I have to pay $5 more for nothing.
You may want to call customer care or retentions. The discussion on the TMO Forum at HoFo was that if you were on a family plan with unlimited texting, you were still able to get the $19.99 BB plan. I already have it grandfathered so can't say from personal experience but others reported that they were still able to get it under those circumstances.
Offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 06:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
zero7404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: tri-state
Model: 9530
OS: 5.0.0.328
PIN: n/a
Carrier: tmob
Posts: 1,097
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

it just looks like a rewording, but the price is the same as doing the $ 20/mo. bb plan + the $ 5/mo. 400 sms/mms plan.

my contract is up in july, so far i have 1000 mins ($ 50), blackberry add-on ($ 20) and 1000 sms/mms ($ 10)....total: $ 80/mo. (not bad at all)

i was curious about what happens when my contract is up and tmo told me the plan continues the same without changes, just on a month-to-month....

i messed with someone else's storm that is with verizon, and to tell the truth, the additional speed of their supposed '3G' network isn't that much more than tmo's current EDGE network when i use it with my 9530.

i really couldn't help but notice that tmo offers the most for the least of all 3 major carriers. with verizon or at&t i'd be well at around the $ 100-120/mo. mark just to have a mobile phone with the same plan features.
Offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 07:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
mas90guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Connecticut
Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 655
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I've read in several places that people have received the $19.99 plan (sans sms) by calling.
__________________
http://www.s-consult.com
Schulz Consulting
Sage MAS 90 and MAS 200 Support and Consulting
Offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 08:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
BallHawk3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.714
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 828
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

You can still get the $19.99/mo plan. Call customer loyalty. They can add it. Its inactive but still in their computer systems.
Offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 10:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
PIN: N/A
Carrier: primeco
Posts: 41
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

First CSR tried to make me sign another 2 years just to get the 19.99 Plan, said NO and called back and I got it the second time! didn't need the extra 400 text since I already have unlimited family text
Offline  
Old 02-23-2009, 07:37 AM   #19 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile
Posts: 70
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I'll give it a try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrolldf View Post
You may want to call customer care or retentions. The discussion on the TMO Forum at HoFo was that if you were on a family plan with unlimited texting, you were still able to get the $19.99 BB plan. I already have it grandfathered so can't say from personal experience but others reported that they were still able to get it under those circumstances.
Offline  
Old 02-27-2009, 02:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile
Posts: 70
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Just a quick update: I called T-Mobile customer service and they were able to add the $19.99 plan back to my account. Thanks for the suggestions, guys!


Quote:
Originally Posted by pinchao View Post
Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I'll give it a try.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.