02-27-2009, 03:38 PM
Knows Where the Search Button Is
Join Date: Jul 2007
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Clear the service book or service book database
Doc ID : KB05010
Last Modified : 2007-01-04
Document Type : How To
* BlackBerry® Desktop Manager
* BlackBerry device
If a service book is corrupt on the BlackBerry device, you may experience problems sending and receiving messages. To fix this problem, you must clear the Service Book database, then restore the service books on the BlackBerry device.
When clearing the Service Book database, if you are on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, you will either have to generate a new key or receive a new key from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
If you are a BlackBerry Internet Service user, you will have to re-send the service books from your BlackBerry Internet Service account.
Important: If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 4.0 or later, complete all of the tasks below. If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 3.8 or earlier, complete tasks 2 and 3.
Task 1 - Delete the Desktop [SYNC] service book
If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 4.0 or later, you cannot clear the Service Book database unless you delete the Desktop [SYNC] service book first. To delete the service book, complete the following steps on the BlackBerry device:
1. Connect your BlackBerry device to your computer.
2. From the Home screen, click Options.
Note: Depending on the theme running on your device, you may need to click Settings, then Options.
3. If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 or later, click Advanced Options, then Service Book.
If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 4.0 or earlier, click Service Book.
4. Desktop [SYNC] service book and select Delete.
5. In the Are You Sure? dialog box, click Delete.
Note: The above steps will also take affect when trying to delete the Desktop [Sync] and/or Desktop [Cical] service book to restore the address book, memo pad, calendar and tasks from a backup file.
Task 2 - Clear the Service Book database
Complete the following steps:
1. Make sure your BlackBerry device is connected to your computer.
2. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager and double-click Backup and Restore.
3. On the Backup and Restore window, click Advanced. The Backup/Restore window appears.
4. In the list of BlackBerry device databases, select Service Book, then click Clear.
Note: If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 4.0 or later, and you do not delete the Desktop [SYNC] service book, the Service Book database will not be accessible.
5. Click OK in the Warning window.
6. Click Close.
Task 3 - Restore the Service Book database
To restore the Service Book database on your BlackBerry device, disconnect your BlackBerry device from your computer, wait 5 seconds, then reconnect the BlackBerry device. If you have a BlackBerry Internet Service account, see KB-02830 for instructions on how to resend the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service.
Note: If you experience problems receiving messages on the BlackBerry device, perform a hard reset. For instructions, see KB-02141.
“It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.” - Charles H. Spurgeon