BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General 8900 Series Discussion - Javelin (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8900-series-discussion-javelin/)
-   -   T-Mobile Curve 8900 Javelin Woorks Great (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8900-series-discussion-javelin/180994-t-mobile-curve-8900-javelin-woorks-great.html)

doppeljr 03-13-2009 08:20 AM

T-Mobile Curve 8900 Javelin Woorks Great
 
I am just adding to the pile on here but I just upgraded from the 8320 Curve to the 8900.

All of the major features work with no issues right out of the box.

UMA has no issues, same with Youtube.

I was impressed with how the backup and restore works now. It used to take hours to go from one BB to another. Now it takes minutes. The OTA OS upgrade is great too, finally.

Nice job RIM and T-Mobile.

raja_3012 03-13-2009 09:21 AM

Good to know that you are pretty satisfied with your new possession. I attribute the decrease in overall response time of 8900 to it's increased processor speed.

.174 is available for download and install. .174 looks to be very stable till now.

webchetan 03-13-2009 09:24 AM

Thats true...8900 Javelin Rocks!!! I own one and feel on top of the world :)

DrMoze 03-14-2009 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raja_3012 (Post 1318742)
Good to know that you are pretty satisfied with your new possession. I attribute the decrease in overall response time of 8900 to it's increased processor speed.

.174 is available for download and install. .174 looks to be very stable till now.

Note that .174 is still a beta release, though.

raja_3012 03-14-2009 03:18 PM

Yeah.. i know it is a beta release. Although it is a beta but it was made available to some carrier for testing and since it has been leaked it is very probable that some carrier would soon officially release it.

chrisbimmermd 03-14-2009 04:38 PM

Mannnn, I want one!

_________

YouTube - KillerNumberX's
Channel


R-W 03-15-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doppeljr (Post 1318646)
I am just adding to the pile on here but I just upgraded from the 8320 Curve to the 8900.

All of the major features work with no issues right out of the box.

UMA has no issues, same with Youtube.

I was impressed with how the backup and restore works now. It used to take hours to go from one BB to another. Now it takes minutes. The OTA OS upgrade is great too, finally.

Nice job RIM and T-Mobile.

+1 :razz::razz::razz:

doppeljr 03-19-2009 11:15 AM

I have done more testing with this excellent device and have more good info to share.

UMA to EDGE handoff never worked for me on the 8320 but is working fine on the 8900. I have tested this with and without Bluetooth and no issues wither way.

Once again, nice work TMobile and RIM.

dennis8320 03-19-2009 11:24 AM

your killing me here lol. mine is in the mail and according to ups out for delivery. i hope it gets here before i have to go to work

harddude5 03-19-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doppeljr (Post 1325692)
I have done more testing with this excellent device and have more good info to share.

UMA to EDGE handoff never worked for me on the 8320 but is working fine on the 8900. I have tested this with and without Bluetooth and no issues wither way.

Once again, nice work TMobile and RIM.

UMA to EDGE handoff works great on my 8320. My quandry is whether I should upgrade when my one-year contract expires in June or hold out for a TMO 3G Blackberry in a decade or two. Is the 8900 much better than the 8320? I use a Freedom puck for GPS with my 8320 and realize that wouldn't be necessary anymore, but that doesn't seem like enough of a reason to upgrade to Curve II.

TheBigNewt 03-19-2009 06:19 PM

The most noticeable difference is the higher resolution of the screen. Documents that I enlarged on my Pearl I couldn't make out the fuzzy print now they are readable. The camera is way better. The OS is also better but the 8320 is pretty good too (my wife has that). Yeah, you could wait a decade for a 3g Tmob phone but you could be dead by then too 8-) Personally I think 3g is overrated. I use WiFi most of the time and when I can't stuff shows up fast enuf for me.

dennis8320 03-20-2009 01:33 AM

yea got mine today and absolutley love it. out performs the 8320 i had 10 fold.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.