Latest OS ???
I like to stay up to dat with my BB OS. Currently i am running 220.127.116.11 ( from Orange romania the same for Orange UK ).
Now i see on this site that there are some updates, even if i cannot find them on the operator website.
So here i have a few questions:
1. How can i check if the listed OS ( on this site ) is an official one.
2. Is it safe to install an update even if that one is not provided by my operator ?
Thank you very much for any advice.
1. the OS'es listed in Beta-You-Than-Me are considered beta until an operator distributes them officially. The OS version in the device-forums sticky are usually "official" version which can be found on blackberry.com or operator websites
2. provided or supported? ;) generally its pretty safe, and no problem esp. if the device is owned by you. If you are using a company owned device there might be special warranty- and/or support arrangements. If things go bad in almost all cases a downgrade can be made with no problem at all (-> if not, its "bricked")
Well i am not talking about Beta OS, but already released OS.
The problem is that i see in the sticy a new version. OK, but my operator does not provide that .
2. I own my phone, it's not a company phone, so i can mess around :)
The newest released version is 18.104.22.168 (where 168 = app version which is relevant not to be confused with package versions etc.). If your operator does not provide any given software does not necessarily mean that they dont support it.
2. yarr =)
What about this OS from Orange - UK.
Found on Blackberry download site under the individual carrier section.
Does anyone have any experience with this version on their 8900 Curve?
That's an "older" version - v 22.214.171.124. The version stickied at the top of the forum is 126.96.36.199. People have found 188.8.131.52 (a beta, not officially released by any carrier) leaked on the web.
But what i dont understand is, if there is already an official new version of the OS, why i ( we ) cannot find it on blackberry website ?
OS versions on bb.com seem to be rather old - and unfortunatly are rarely updated...
Afaik RIM distributes certain new and halfway stable OS-builds to their operators for testing and if they pass these builds eventually will be "officially released" by the respective operator.
Don't forget, most BB Users get their phone and when something doesn't work they either ignore it or simply hand it back for repairs ;)
I thisn i will download the lates stabel of and give it a try.
If something will go wrong i will just downgrade to the original one :)
I'm using the beta .174 OS and it's good so far. I think it's close to be released as official and after that I will update also. Not much different from .168. The battery seems to last a little longer.
Ok i did update to .168 and battery last longer compared to .101
Also the phone is a little bit faster.
I will wait for the official .174 OS release an i will update ti
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.