New 8900, but 3rd Blackberry....config questions....
AT&T customer support was useless, so here I am, hopefully you all can answer four questions....
(I am coming from an 8310 and trying to get the 8900 to do a few things like I am used to the 8310 doing....)
1. Can I customize the six icons on the main screen? Currently I have Messages, Email 1, Email 2, Email 3, Contacts and Calendar, and I'd like to change some of these. Pressing the Menu key next to the green key only takes me to the main Application menu.
2. Can I get my incoming calls and SMS's to go into the main Message folder? I really don't want to have to go looking in the SMS folder for SMS's and the Call Log for missed calls. I used to be able to do it all from Messages.
3. How do I hide how many unread emails etc... I have from the top of the main screen? I just don't care about this, and used to be able to hide it in the 8310.
4. I loaded Facebook, but there's not an icon like there was on my 8310. Any help on that too?
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
By the way, this is an AT&T 8900 with v220.127.116.11 (platform 18.104.22.168)
1. Yes. Go to the full icon screen and move to the top two rows the icons you want there. That will translate to the same two line screen in your home screen view.
2. Yes. For the SMS, go to the messages folder > Options > General Options > Email and SMS Inboxes = Combined.
For the call logs. Press the Green dial key to enter the Call Log > Menu > Options > Call Logging and choose all or missed or whatever you want of that to see in your messages list.
3. Messages > Options > General Options > Display Message Count = None.
4. Look in your "downloads" folder on the screen, and see if you see the blue F icon. If not, with the device powered on, remove the battery and reboot.. and look all over again. On the main screen, downloads folder, applications folder, etc.
Dear Mr. Sanders,
You are very welcome!
And thank you, as well.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.