Originally Posted by android
So Im not a newb. I know how to add numbers to my speed dial list but when i view my speed dial list (phone options>speed dial numbers) there is a couple other keyboard shortcuts listed.
for instance "a" has "lock system" beside it, "q" will change profile to "vibrate" and of course "w" will dial voice mail.
is there anyway to move these commands to different letters? it doesn't seem like it. but who knows...
note: under general options> "dial from home screen:" is on "yes" but that shouldn't really matter anyway (i don't think)
There is a way to change them temporarily.
From the main screen:
1. Press the green phone (takes you into the Call Log)
2. Press the Menu button (has the BlackBerry dots on it)
3. Select View Speed Dial List
4. Highlight the preset speed dial key i.e. A
5. Press the enter key (bottom right corner) you will be taken to your Address Book
6. Select the entry for the Speed Dial
This will stay until you restart you BlackBerry.