Just got a new BB8900 last Friday. On Monday, I encountered a Reload Software: 552 error code and after checking online forums for options on how to fix I ultimately had to reinstall the operating system and reinstall new apps that weren't archived by the reinstall process. Because I feared getting this error again whenever I rebooted the device, I immediately made backups every hour as I was reconfiguring the device and adding back my apps.
Today I was going to do another backup for good measure and once I connected my Blackberry to the computer with Desktop Manager running, Desktop Manager crashed and gave me the following error:
Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: DesktopMgr.exe
Application Version: 220.127.116.11
Application Timestamp: 4a4bd539
Fault Module Name: DesktopMgr.exe
Fault Module Version: 18.104.22.168
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a4bd539 Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000d68f5
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: c4a7
Additional Information 2: 473b2e845affd1758ca8e66121386d63
Additional Information 3: 83e8
Additional Information 4: 72466a8a5092651f7fe609f9ec3f3489
I then tried the APPLOADER.EXE program locating in program files/common files/research in motion/apploader. I had used this program yesterday to try to delete applications 1 by 1 with the hope that one application was causing the 552 error. Now for some reason this program also is having a problem noting the following in the error log file: Read from location 1010fffc caused an access violation.
I've looked through multiple forums and haven't found a solution. What I can tell you is this:
1) The phone is working fine but I fear rebooting the phone and getting another 552 error (there were two apps deleted that will be fully deleted on reboot). Would hope everything is fine but I've had two of these 552 errors within 24 and the second one came without any warning. If I get this error there is no way to get to my backup since I can't connect to DM without it crashing.
2) It doesn't appear to be a sync issue but I deleted the Intellisync folder anyway and it didn't fix the problem.
3) Have rebooted my machine with no change to problem.
4) Have reinstalled DM Version 5 (this time without the Roxio Media software) with no change to problem.
5) Because I now get an error when connecting to DM and trying to run apploader.exe, there appears to be a setting on my phone that might be causing the problems (I have no idea what it may be but the APPLOADER program notes a location violation so maybe the Blackberry software is confused about where to find my Apps?)
6) The BlackBerry device manager
works fine and notes my device and applicable serial number.
After my last backup yesterday I probably only installed 3-4 other apps that I had lost and organized/moved folders around on the phone. So getting this problem so soon after everything was working fine is mindboggling.