Ok...I picked mine up from the AT&T store this morning. They installed my old SIM and memory card, booted and got me rolling. It took me a secondary trip to the store to figure out that after 'restoring' my phone from my 8100, I needed to visit BlackBerry Internet Service
and create a new login based on this new PIN number. Even though on my restore I got the appropriate icons for my various 3rd party POP email accounts, the new 8900 still did not see them. Even the store did not realize that.
Ok...these are the things I really dig -
- Great Screen - Very vibrant and legible
- After installing the Facebook module, when accessing Facebook I can connect my 'friends' to my Blackberry contact which reflects the appropriate avatar by the friends FB page.
- On the 8100 it seemed limited on how to customize the variety of ringtones to include a new SMS message. Now I can tweak all of that. I have a LAUGH.wav file that makes me laugh everytime I get a message. Makes other people laugh too.
- This phone seems easier to customize my background image.
- Much better camera and video.
- Auto wi-fi is great.
- Chicks now dig me cuz I have an 8900. LOL
I still cannot figure out how to have my SMS message come through my messages folder like my 8100.
Thanks everyone for their feedback and I hate to admit I get so much gratification out of a phone. LOL